Thursday - deep in the bosom of depravity

Comments

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

What the hell is wrong with you guys! 5 posts before 5:30! Who walks a dog at 03:30!

Dog was like "are you kidding?"
    Mine would likely just growl an side eye me if I tried that.

Was a bit grim this morning seems to have cheered up, snow forecast for the weekend though. Here endeth the weather report.

Anyway, work webcast to watch some new car being fired up later. Amuses me everyone claps an cheers when it starts, if it didn't you can imagine all eyes burning a hole into the face of the poor chief engineer as he turns red shortly before his head explodes from the power of all the stares.

New coffee grinder arriving today old one the blade came off mid whiz with interesting results, no injuries thankfully but a small piece of metal revolving at several thousand RPM coming loose in an enclosed metal space makes a horrendous noise. Literally about the most exciting thing thats occurred this week.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

What the hell is wrong with you guys! 5 posts before 5:30! Who walks a dog at 03:30!

I do , best time of the day for a walk

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    MattFalle said:

also, this trash popped up on my feed.

is he stalking us i wonder?

You should know what ex sailors are like Matt,
    That’s if he was in the navy

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,353
    step83 said:

Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Was a bit grim this morning seems to have cheered up, snow forecast for the weekend though. Here endeth the weather report.

Anyway, work webcast to watch some new car being fired up later. Amuses me everyone claps an cheers when it starts, if it didn't you can imagine all eyes burning a hole into the face of the poor chief engineer as he turns red shortly before his head explodes from the power of all the stares.

New coffee grinder arriving today old one the blade came off mid whiz with interesting results, no injuries thankfully but a small piece of metal revolving at several thousand RPM coming loose in an enclosed metal space makes a horrendous noise. Literally about the most exciting thing thats occurred this week.
    F1 guys wonder if an F1 engine will actually start?!
    Now, if we were talking about old 2 stroke garden machinery...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,552
    MattFalle said:

Ciao

wet and miserable outside.

this was this morning's coffee. note tin mug to rattle against cell bars.

the bars of priti's prison?
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,690

MattFalle said:

Village People tribute band more like.

Sun is shining! But I'm weary after yesterday's exertions so no bike exploits planned. Highlight might be a foray into the supermarket weirdos zone. Cannot do without the fresh fruit.
  • step83
    pinno said:

step83 said:

Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

F1 guys wonder if an F1 engine will actually start?!
    Now, if we were talking about old 2 stroke garden machinery...
    Exactly, I think its more a ceremony type thing "A car is born" moment. I would love it though if it fired up sounding like a 2 stroke, a Honda one obviously.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Afternoon folks,
    WFW today as I have to sort a few things in the building. Rather fewer people in the sales office now. The sales manager's wife had covid so he quaratined for 10 days then came back to work WITH SYMPTOMS. What a complete phucktard, having spent a day in the office with others and being symptomatic he got tested and to nobody's surprise he has it.
    Rather better news, the lad has turned down the placement he was offered as he has been offered a better one with the people that make the modern equivalent of TLW's uncle's car. The only thing better would have been if the F1 team comes through but they don't pay as well for placements.
    Step, I was at the launch for the Lamborghini Murcialago a few years back, it didn't start initially then eventually fired up missing a few cylinders. Eventually got going properly to more laughter than applause. The problem was the guys starting it floored the throttle before starting it and the ECU couldn't cope :D As I was leaving I fired up my 50 year old motorbike first kick and the people stood around me watching all commented that it was better than a new Lambo.
    I've drunk coffee and tea but not taken any pictures yet. I shall remedy this later for Seano's delight.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

Afternoon folks,
    WFW today as I have to sort a few things in the building. Rather fewer people in the sales office now. The sales manager's wife had covid so he quaratined for 10 days then came back to work WITH SYMPTOMS. What a complete phucktard, having spent a day in the office with others and being symptomatic he got tested and to nobody's surprise he has it.
    Rather better news, the lad has turned down the placement he was offered as he has been offered a better one with the people that make the modern equivalent of TLW's uncle's car. The only thing better would have been if the F1 team comes through but they don't pay as well for placements.
    Step, I was at the launch for the Lamborghini Murcialago a few years back, it didn't start initially then eventually fired up missing a few cylinders. Eventually got going properly to more laughter than applause. The problem was the guys starting it floored the throttle before starting it and the ECU couldn't cope :D As I was leaving I fired up my 50 year old motorbike first kick and the people stood around me watching all commented that it was better than a new Lambo.
    I've drunk coffee and tea but not taken any pictures yet. I shall remedy this later for Seano's delight.

That's really good work, as I'm sure they'd only take the very best. You'll be very proud i bet.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    elbowloh said:

Afternoon folks,

That's really good work, as I'm sure they'd only take the very best. You'll be very proud i bet.
    Immensely so, thank you. He has worked hard for it and I suspect he comes across well at interview but he's earnt this entirely off his own back which is great.
    Now having a celebratory cup of tea, empty coffee cup from earlier 😁
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

Rather better news, the lad has turned down the placement he was offered as he has been offered a better one with the people that make the modern equivalent of TLW's uncle's car.

👍👍👍

Is that a rotation with BMW into RR , or with RR directly? Either way, good news.
  • veronese68
    RR direct, very good news. They contacted him first thing to say he had it so I think they must have been keen too.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,412

RR direct, very good news. They contacted him first thing to say he had it so I think they must have been keen too.

Great news V 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Back at the kitchen island after a brief "shouting at the computers" session.

Ran last night, zwifted this morning, swim tonight.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    That reminds me, need a cup of tea. Busy morning followed by lunchtime spin on the bike with a mate, reminds me how slow I am...

Onwards to more work.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    seasoned the wok, had to do it in the oven, induction hob was going to melt the bottom out of it long before the sides were anywhere near hot enough, red hot steel is man's work

not paying much attention to wfh, as usual, may have a read
  • Stevo_666
    Forgot the hot beverage pic...tea is a bit like cars - no replacement for displacement :)

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83

Got to love fly by wire throttles, seems to be a thing on most they wont start if theres pressure on the throttle, I imagine someone in the EM team got a stern talking to after that!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

MattFalle said:

which he never was, so we're safe

#phew.thatwasacloseone
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

which he never was, so we're safe

#phew.thatwasacloseone
    Yes he was, he said he was. I found a pic. CB is front right, though his uniform doesn't look strictly navy issue, it definitely says "in the navy" at the top.

• MattFalle
    i take it all back.

he looks like the sort of bloke who would take on a pub full of gangsters before getting a right good kicking from the local constabulary, getting a prison sentence then bedding head gangster's lady friend.

so overall, a lucky escape.

• Stevo_666 said:

Forgot the hot beverage pic...tea is a bit like cars - no replacement for displacement :)

Wtfaf is that in the glass next to the tea. Heretic.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,412

Stevo_666 said:

His teeth
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

His teeth
    :D
  • Stevo_666
    edited January 2021

Stevo_666 said:

Water :blush: It's a pint glass so gives a bit of scale to the tea mug.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Ironically it’s a tanker
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Ironically it’s a tanker
    In my defence I'm moving onto the Westons Vintage shortly.
  • MattFalle
    Writing my personal statement for this job app.

no idea at all whats going on tbh....
  • sungod
    over nineteen hours post pinno's post, still no information on the titular bosom, let alone pics