Wide-fit MTB shoes

Anyone have a suggestion for an MTB shoe which is relatively-speaking wider at the front than the back?. I have been wearing a pair of Mavic Rush MTB shoes (size 12, despite being an actual 10.5/11) for the past 6 years. From the moment I tried them on in the shop they were one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes I've ever worn. Wide at the front but snug at the rear they were bought as the only pair of shoes I was going to take on an unsupported LEJOG trip and they were ideal. With a cracked sole on one of them I now need to replace them but it's an almost impossible task. Either the width is right but the length too long or they're the right length but too narrow. Closest has been the Mavic Crossmax Boa but the same problem still applies. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Comments

• mully79
    mully79 Posts: 904
    I have quite wide feet around size 11 ish. I used to get on with specialized mtb shoes and moved on to shimano AM45s which had good width at the toe though the sizing was fubar. No idea on the modern stuff.
    Above size 10 there seems to be no regular fitting on any footwear.
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    Lake are pretty wide.
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    Lake do wide fitting shoes. See their website for instructions on measuring your feet to see which of their shoe fits fit you best.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    DHB are mahoooosive if that helps.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • haywain
    haywain Posts: 14
    This is a subject close to my heart as I always need wider fitting shoes. I have found Shimano shoes to be ideal for me - they can be a little snug but not uncomfortable for me - and they seem to be very hard wearing. Bought my last pair at Decathlon where they were quite reasonably priced too.
  • Giro Rumble VR Shoes. Wide and a great pair of shoes. I use them with elasticated laces and they have been so good I have purchased another pair to ensure I always have a dry pair available.
    They also helped me tackle 1900kms of Patagonian touring last year.
  • I have same issue, cycling shoes seem to be really narrow round the toes, still trying to get a pair to fit!