friday is but the dream of a tabby

2»

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    oxoman said:

Britain's finest Whitby fish with chips from local chippy as a Friday treat tonight. Took elderly neighbours for covid jab as good deed for the day. Now drinking bottles of covid, sorry corona.

I'm a Midlander, and I'll stand by Midlands chippies all day, but the fish is never great. Best I've had was in Suffolk and Yorkshire coast.

My mum had her jab today. She was delighted.

Wouldn't have had you down for that sort of beer Oxo, I had you down as a British ale kind of guy.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Beer battered cod for us tonight. And plonk.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    As Stevo is wont to say, a COAD to finish a COAW.
    MiL fell over this morning so spent most of day at A&E but she is home now. Lots of calls involving GP, Social services and in laws.
    Mrs BM's normal stress levels are much exceeded.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082

MiL fell over this morning so spent most of day at A&E but she is home now. Lots of calls involving GP, Social services and in laws.

Been here, as it seems most of this forum, crap really
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605

Sounds like ACOAD and ACOAW Bally. Hope you get things sorted.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    At least the fish were happy Oxo 😂
    Don't like Corona, beer or virus. Had a Hazy Jane myself, bought it as it shares it's name with the EPO. Very tasty too thankfully, a lot of these trendy beers are trying too hard for my liking. A pint of bitter in the pub though.
    Sorry to hear about the MiL friend of Bally, hope you get her sorted.
    Just watched a film called Machete, absolutely 'kin hilarious. Robert de Miro, Steven Seagal, Jessica Alba, Don Johnson and others. A bloodbathed pisstake of the highest order.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Thanks for all felicitations everyone
    Glad to hear that the EPO is tasty too V.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Haven't had fish and chips for ages...it used to be my go to takeaway.

Since the move haven't had it and not sure if the local ones are any good. There is one that looks like it has potential from outside, but it's not been open, possibly closed for ever.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk