Thursday, wetter than an otters pocket

2»

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    seanoconn said:

@hopkinb come back! You don’t have to move, I promise I won’t knock on your door again 😇

I ain't gone nowhere. It wasn't my door anyway, just close.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

@hopkinb come back! You don’t have to move, I promise I won’t knock on your door again 😇

I ain't gone nowhere. It wasn't my door anyway, just close.
    But that’s what you would say if it was your door
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    oxoman said:

Who,s admitting to being a Chelsea fan. :s:D . What was the score against the foxes again. Yep Leicester fan here.

Stevo isn’t
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno said:

@homers_double: https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-merino-long-sleeve-base-layer-1

Order before ... you know the rest. Wiggle are pretty quick and there are postage options.

Thank you kindly, a DHB deep winter soft shell jacket found it's way in there as well : :)
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    6 trees pruned. Ran out of light before the final one, next week will do. These are big boys 'n' girls, mature apples. Stiff now from all the up, down, stretch. Deserve a beer or 2: have one of these virtual zoom mates meets later to share our solitary drinks, if I can stay awake long enough.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    orraloon said:

6 trees pruned. Ran out of light before the final one, next week will do. These are big boys 'n' girls, mature apples. Stiff now from all the up, down, stretch. Deserve a beer or 2: have one of these virtual zoom mates meets later to share our solitary drinks, if I can stay awake long enough.

That's why I have 7 Dwarf varieties.
    Besides, it's windy on the West coast and what with blossom etc...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

That's why I have 7 Dwarf varieties.
    Besides, it's windy on the West coast and what with blossom etc...
    Happy, sneezy, Doc, bashful etc
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    There's only one left for Loon to do. I bet it isn't Happy...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    orraloon said:

Ok, but how did the MP3 player hold up?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • orraloon
    Hey, the SanDisk is 100% reliable. Use it download podcasts various, has a bit of music on there, has FM radio. Only time it has ever gone squiffy was when on the turbo instead of clipping it on to my top I stuck it inside waistband of the shorts. Too hot 'n' humid for it. But it recovered fine when it dried out, bless it. As I said robust and cheap, plus it's tiny compared to the phone. But I suppose desk jockeys don't need to worry about muck 'n' filth 😉

As for the 7th tree, it's a Pairear so I guess it would be Bashful 🤔
  • orraloon
    Oxo, I am def not the build to be a full on tree surgeon, and that looks a bit thin. Have a mate who is one of these tree scramblers, full respec' for the balls it takes. I've taken down some hefty conifers myself but only off a ladder, big triple, with safety lines everywhere 😳
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    oxoman said:

That tree was over 2ft across at the base. The bloody roots wrecked my lawn and my neighbour's plus was wrecking my brick wall and lifted the tree owners shed with its roots. Way faster growing than a conifer, It was only15yrs old. Glad it's gone, smells nice when burnt on my fire pit.

Will no doubt be clearing your nasal passages.
  • orraloon
    oxoman said:

That tree was over 2ft across at the base. The bloody roots wrecked my lawn and my neighbour's plus was wrecking my brick wall and lifted the tree owners shed with its roots. Way faster growing than a conifer, It was only15yrs old. Glad it's gone, smells nice when burnt on my fire pit.

It's odd how people plant forest trees in a domestic setting without thinking through the consequences. (Must not make a political comparison, must not...)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    No rain on tonight’s run, though still managed to find some flooded roads.

Town is looking rather wet.....

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Evening folks,
    No rain here thankfully, day in the office and I managed to wobble in on the green bike. I'm really slow nowadays. Confidence has definitely taken a knock and I pinched the lads goproalike, not sure if I'm happy about that. If I get knocked off again I suppose I will have some evidence. Don't want to review it regularly reliving things that didn't quite happen as that won't help and if the EPO sees anything dodgy she will worry more. But nice and sunny in the park, shame it was all upside down

I can flip it easily enough but it's late and I cba. If I catch any nice views worth sharing I'll be sure to post them though.
    I think the water is meant to go under that bridge TLW, the road is over the top. Does look pretty 'kin high though.
    WFH tomorrow so a slightly slower start at least

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

shame it was all upside down

It will be ok for wheelspinner.

Sometimes cameras are handy because you'll catch a random you've been framed moment, like a lad trying to impress a girl by bunny hopping up a kerb but not quite making it.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    thistle_ said:

Sometimes cameras are handy because you'll catch a random you've been framed moment, like a lad trying to impress a girl by bunny hopping up a kerb but not quite making it.
    :)

Do you have such a you've been framed moment to show us?!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    hopkinb said:

thistle_ said:

:)

Do you have such a you've been framed moment to show us?!
    Will see if I can dig it out.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    thistle_ said:

Looks fine to me
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    thistle_ said:

If only I'd had one the time I nearly got collected by a big stag chasing off another big stag during the rutting season. I reckon I was within a couple of feet of him as he skidded across the tarmac in front of me. Cloven hooves and wet tarmac do not mix well.