Hardtail, slack angle, longer travel forks

I'm after a bit of a trail friendly hardtail.

I've just missed out on an orange crush comp 2019 .. I liked the slack head angle and longer travel forks 150.
I've also looked at the nukeproof scout as an option.

Just wondered what the general comparisons would be to these and what else should I be looking at.

Cheers on advance
MY CUBE
http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12785430

Cube ltd race 2011.....enjoying the grt outdoors no matter the weather (except snow I just can't move in the snow)!

Comments

• reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    With the geo and fork travel I'd say your after a 'hardcore hardtail' or aggressive hardtail.

The Crush and Scout were at the top of my list when looking for similar in 2019. Ended up with a Clokwork Evo S which was cheaper than the Crush but had 1 degree less slack head angle and only 130mm of travel.

Still a great trail friendly bike and more than enough on the terrain and riding I do.

Loads of the hardcore mtb's with that kind of geo/travel out there if you can get your hands on one.

Personally I'd keep looking for another Orange Crush or equally a Scout but I'm obviously bias towards those two choices.
  • xand_xand
    xand_xand Posts: 271
    Nice reply .. Cheers
    MY CUBE
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12785430

Cube ltd race 2011.....enjoying the grt outdoors no matter the weather (except snow I just can't move in the snow)!
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    edited January 2021
    My grandson's Ragley Marley has a 65.5 deg head angle which should be aggressive enough for anyone. It has a 130mm travel that I believe works very well; grandson is over the moon with it.. It has good build quality and gets rave reviews. If 130mm travel is not enough, then check out other Ragley makes. I believe (but not sure) that the Blue Pig has more travel.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    edited January 2021
    Have a look at the Bird Zero. I have a Mk1 27.5 that I run with 140mm forks and it is a great bike.
    The newer 27.5 AM and the 29er are both longer and slacker with 64.1 and 64.3 degree head angles respectively.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009