CAAD13 Rim Brake

Went to Evans in the week before full lock down and the manager sold me one of these. Had 20% off plus he gave me another 10% just because I asked!

This will be my winter bike as the DA Supersix is getting trashed.

Very please with the bike though gutted to hear that the Evans Headoffice in the south east is closing this month. Also be aware that the Evans returns policy has significantly changed with refunds no longer being offered!!!

Comments

• Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    Very nice!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Has so much potential.

What's with the spacers and crazy 'bar angle though?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    That’s just how it came. I’ll sort all that this weekend.
  • MattFalle
    Cool. Coolcoolcool.

You need to order some deep rims as well. Minimum 60mm. Get some Farsports for the winter, nice ones for the summer.

Sell whatever that is on there to pay for them

#winnerwinnerdeeprimsfordinner
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    ahh i got a caad 13 frameset and built it with DA9000 for my winter bike. It can fit mudguards but as i wash my kit each time and am not a clubbie mincer im not going to waste money fitting any.

i had a rear wheel and a different front wheel in the shed so use those. its a bit of a franken bike. the dual attach brakes are very powerful. and look sooooo much better than discs.

ramble over

• MattFalle
    david speaks sense. more people should listen to him

#don'tbeaclubbie
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Nice, good to see a none disc bike.
  • MattFalle

Nice, good to see a proper bike.

ftfy

#ftfy
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    edited January 2021
    FWIW I thought I’d add how amazing these Caads are. I had the 12 and that was too harsh for me whereas the 13 is in a different league. First off the geo must suit me better as compared to my old Supersix I find this so much more comfortable due to the slightly increased stack and maybe the fork rake. The rear end is impressive and does introduce some flex and compliance making for a very comfy bike.

I have felt no difference between this and my carbon supersix in terms of road buzz either. Also the R7000 105 is no worse than the R9100 on my supersix. This has been such a revelation I am really quite surprised how good the Caad 13 is. I bought it as a N+1 winter bike but now can’t see why I’d keep hold of the Supersix!

Would highly recommend this bike to anyone.
  • ledeev
    ledeev Posts: 208
    bmxboy10 said:

FWIW I thought I’d add how amazing these Caads are. I had the 12 and that was too harsh for me whereas the 13 is in a different league. .

I ride a CAAD12 disc and was amazed how harsh it was when I first started riding it. I recently put Zipp 303s wheels on it with tubeless 28s and it's transformed it, comfy but snappy when I need it to be. Pretty much my go-to, do-anything bike now.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,497
    I had a CAAD10 and a CAAD12, and both have gone and been replaced.... but...
    Lovely bike.
    Maybe, just maybe..... N+1 ;)
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    I’m another CAAD12 owner with discs and I love it but great care has to be taken with the paintwork it scratches really easily other than that it’s an amazing bike
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    Quite like them Caads but the massive welds don't look all that, and then there's the creaking bottom bracket thing
  • ledeev
    ledeev Posts: 208
    itboffin said:

I’m another CAAD12 owner with discs and I love it but great care has to be taken with the paintwork it scratches really easily other than that it’s an amazing bike

Oh yes, the microscopically thin paint! Mine is the same, I was down to bare metal on both stays after a few rides. Shame really.