Carrera Subway Seat issue

Hi there I have just bought a second hand Carrera Subway as I want to get back on the road/trails and see if I have the bug. I didn't want to spend big to start off with. I noticed that the
seat comes off very easily. There is no way of attaching this tightly and it seems there maybe something missing on the post. Anyone else had similar issues please? or somewhere where I can get this fixed please at a reasonable price. I currently reside in Reigate.

Many thanks, Jamie.

Comments

• Difficult to tell from the photos but it looks like its the wrong sized seat-post and the previous owner has just wrapped tape around it to keep it in place. Find a photo of the bike on halfords website or ebay and see if it looks the same.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    That looks like it was probably once a suspension seatpost which has completely failed. The main body of the seatpost is still left in the frame. A new fixed post will probably be around £10-15. I believe it will be a 27.2mm post needed (seatposts are measured by their diameter), but a bike shop/Halfords will be able to measure and supply an appropriate new one. A new suspension seatpost would obviously cost more should you wish to fit another one of those.
  • That looks like it was probably once a suspension seatpost which has completely failed. The main body of the seatpost is still left in the frame. A new fixed post will probably be around £10-15. I believe it will be a 27.2mm post needed (seatposts are measured by their diameter), but a bike shop/Halfords will be able to measure and supply an appropriate new one. A new suspension seatpost would obviously cost more should you wish to fit another one of those.

Ah, that's what it is, I'll have to get my glasses on next time!