Headcup sizes Yeti SB66

I'm riding a Yeti SB66 2012 and I'm looking to replace the headsets with lovely new hope ones.

Can anyone provide advice on what head cup sizes I need? I'm coming up short whilst scouring the Internet for the past week.

Comments

• reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    Is it the aluminium version? If so scroll down to vital statistics at the bottom:-

https://www.sicklines.com/reviews/2012-yeti-sb-66-aluminum-review/
  • Yeah it is. Thanks for that really appreciate it. I read on a website that I needed an EC 49\40 for the lower Cup but mine is ZS, 56 makes much more sense.
  • reaperactual
    Makes sense Pal. I looked at a site that sells Hope headsets for SB66 with confusing measurements that didn't make sense?

I'll take it you know better than me about your Yeti, nice bikes but a bit out of my league, lol! 😆
  • We probably looked at the same site! Very confusing info on the Internet.

Probably out of my league too, haha. Mine was a rebuild from a few years ago. I bought the frame second hand (came with headset installed) and moved the majority of my components from my very old Kona coiler. I had been upgrading components gradually on the Kona just for such an occasion ☺
  • reaperactual
    edited January 2021
    Sounds like it's gonna be a nice build.👍 Worth updating with a pic somewhere on here when it's done maybe?

I like the route you've taken in doing things gradually with an end goal in mind, cool Buddy. 👏😎
  • aggrodan
    aggrodan Posts: 8
    Here's a picture if you're interested
  • aggrodan

• reaperactual
    Oh yes, Wow! Thank you for the update and pic @aggrodan.🤘👌

Your Yeti in that turquoise colour scheme, some Hope bling and with that awesome background too, can't fault it, excellent.

Consider me another fan of your classy build Buddy!😍😋
  • aggrodan
    Thanks! My hubs are in purple too, the purple colour scheme from my kona really matches the Yeti blue. It was meant to be haha.

Rides like a dream. Really happy.
  • reaperactual
    Umm!😋 Hope hubs too? That's the cherry on the cake. 👏

I can relate as I've got Fortus wheels with the Pro 4 hubs, best upgrade I ever did and love them. 😍

Enjoy throwing your new Beast down that awesome scenery!💪🤟