First gravel bike

Hi All,
Finally I have decided to change my hybrid bike the bike to droped bar bike.
So there is a several options I'm currently looking at
Cannondale Top Stone (tiagra)
Trek Domane AL4 (tiagra)
Giant Revolt (grx 400)
Boardman Adv 8.9 (grx400).
Maybe some of you already have one of this and you can share the feedback.
Which one would you recommend? Who do you think might have the better frame?
Mostly will be riding on a road, something gravel.
Cheers

Comments

• dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    First off, it is helpful when asking for opinions on bicycles to supply links to the models you are considering, to save potential posters time having to research them.

My thoughts, if the majority of your riding is road, the Cannondale (9.9kg) and Trek (10.4kg) may be preferable, Giant (10.4kg) Boardmon (10.5kg), arguably the Cannondale fans will say the topstone has the nicest frameset. Interestingly both the Giant and Boardman are not full GRX, only STI's, RD and brakes. Tyres for road, 32-35mm would be plenty, the Trek may be limited to that, the others Cdale 40mm max, Giant 45mm, Bdman 38mm all without mudgards fitted I would imagine. Boardman appears to be external cable/hose routing so easier to maintain. Depending on which you buy, you may want to adjust the gearing to your preference by chaning the cassette ratios. All would be suitable for your reqirements.

• Cargobike
    Cargobike Posts: 748
    The Boardman.
    It's the only one likely to be in stock.
    Personally, if I was predominantly going to be riding road I'd buy 2nd hand off Ebay, there's loads of choice presently and it's a good opportunity to save some cash.
  • rsmrnd61 said:

Trek Domane AL4 (tiagra)...

I'd also look at their more focused Gravel bike range called Checkpoint.