friday across the sea of years

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Afternoon folks and happy Christmas
    Been to see the old dear and have a walk with her, about to have lunch. Smells good. Currently chilling and playing with new toys, Mrs got me a Fitbit thingy and some blue teeth headphones for when I go running. Bad news is I'll have to keep up this running nonsense.
    Have a good day one and all
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,501
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Wine. Surely one of your 5 a day.

Lets see. Wine, cider, sprouts. I need 2 more. More wine and cider?
    Wait a minute... No Xmas pudding with Brandy?
    Good point. I'll have a spot of desert wine as well with that.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Wine. Surely one of your 5 a day.

Lets see. Wine, cider, sprouts. I need 2 more. More wine and cider?
    Red, white, fizzy, Apple, hops?
    Good idea, no need for sprouts.

No idea what happened to your username btw.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    oxoman said:

MF Thats a bit extreme to just get out of the christmas pots.

no cuff too tough....

just ripped it open again and covered the kitchen in claret. Now cowering in frint of the fire.

#fuckthathurts
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle

Lovely day so far. Very relaxing breakfast followed by a swim in the sea. Now lazing by the fire awaiting presents while we prepare supper.

Tree beckons

nice floorboards. far nicer that bike fit Scott man's pallette.

#ooh.that'snice
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,550
    MattFalle said:

oxoman said:

no cuff too tough....

just ripped it open again and covered the kitchen in claret. Now cowering in frint of the fire.

#fuckthathurts
    managed a deep cut on my middle finger yesterday, on case of bubbly, cardboard edges can be remarkably sharp

leaving it alone hasn't worked, been catching it on things ever since, turning a neat slice into a ragged one, now have micropore holding the edges together
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,346

Lovely day so far. Very relaxing breakfast followed by a swim in the sea. Now lazing by the fire awaiting presents while we prepare supper.

Tree beckons

Doesn't look like much swimming is going on.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    sungod said:

MattFalle said:

oxoman said:

no cuff too tough....

#fuckthathurts
    managed a deep cut on my middle finger yesterday, on case of bubbly, cardboard edges can be remarkably sharp

leaving it alone hasn't worked, been catching it on things ever since, turning a neat slice into a ragged one, now have micropore holding the edges together
    the middle finger you say.....

https://youtu.be/kPKLfKtrikI

#theneedforspeed
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    And relax, merry Christmas you filthy animals

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    tlw1 said:

You definitely live in a castle. Merry Christmas to you.
  • hopkinb

Tree beckons

Lovely pics Shirley.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,346
    edited December 2020
    hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

I suppose an old school house is a bit like a castle.

Did you get around the little Turkey problem TLW?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,687
    Evening. Might have exceeded my calorie count for the day. But bar didn't open until 4.30, pm that is. Enjoyed the carbonade flamande accompanied by a Westvleteren 12, followed by a rather nice client donated thank you Piedrasassi Syrah from Santa Barbara county.

This today made me chuckle. Coming back from the midday pootle along this bridleway into a village, past some rather nice looking barn conversions. There were 5 little conifers by the side of the track, first had hoops on, next few different decorations, the last's included a photo of Alan Partridge. That's right, a partridge in a pine tree. Chapeau.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    What do you get if you cross a Christmas tree with an iPad?
    Pineapple
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    orraloon said:

This today made me chuckle. Coming back from the midday pootle along this bridleway into a village, past some rather nice looking barn conversions. There were 5 little conifers by the side of the track, first had hoops on, next few different decorations, the last's included a photo of Alan Partridge. That's right, a partridge in a pine tree. Chapeau.

Did the first one have 5 hoops by any chance? And gold coloured?
  • MattFalle
    tlw1 said:

that looks like a ridiculously sweet crib - big het.

#welljel
  • orraloon
    thistle_ said:

orraloon said:

Did the first one have 5 hoops by any chance? And gold coloured?
    You got it. 😊 I did after a back track and review.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

I thought the pubs were closed?
  • My boy got his lego built before bedtime.

• tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

I thought the pubs were closed?
    At home but we are (currently) tier 2 so pubs are still open 😎
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

It’s as warm as a castle!

Current wife went and recovered the turkey yesterday and found the car now out of the water as we think a farmer pushed it out with his tractor, so the front end is now rather smaller
  • MattFalle

My boy got his lego built before bedtime.

sweet as. top work.

bambino got a Techniks Panigale and is 3/4 of the way through that - will post a piccie up later when that's done.
  • Haven't played with Lego in years.
    I did however, dig a load of Scalextrics track and cars out of the loft last night while up there looking for something totally unrelated.
  • orraloon
    My brother spent a lot of time this year renovating the old Tri-ang OO train set which had lain undisturbed in our parents' loft for decades. Given a lot of it would have been secondhand by the time we got started in the 60s, I was surprised by him getting that old stuff running again.

He doesn't get out much. Me, get my arris out on bike number n.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

It’s as warm as a castle!

Current wife went and recovered the turkey yesterday and found the car now out of the water as we think a farmer pushed it out with his tractor, so the front end is now rather smaller
    Sounds expensive :o How many years of shopping allowance is it going to cost her?
  • hopkinb
    oxoman said:

It would make interesting reading the insurance claim. I'm wondering what a bruised and battered floodwater turkey tastes like.🤔😖

Same as an undamaged one. Cack. We'd eat it all year if it was decent.

Last time I did a turkey at Christmas was 2005. Kelly bronze. All the spends. Took the legs off, braised in giblet stock and red wine with mushrooms, stripped off the meat, reduced the braising liquor, served as a gravy with the roast crown and braised dark meat, with spuds, sprouts, pigs in blankets, stuffing on the side. It was a lot of effort for not a lot of return.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,550
    chunks of turkey breast stir fried with pineapple and chillis is ok, not as good as pork though

the traitor blake is dead at last, i do hope he suffered, more bubbly to celebrate
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • sungod said:

chunks of turkey breast stir fried with pineapple and chillis is ok, not as good as pork though

the traitor blake is dead at last, i do hope he suffered, more bubbly to celebrate

Shame he has been replaced by so many others only too willing to take rouble.
  • sungod said:

A glass has already been raised, but it wont hurt to repeat, repeat
  • orraloon
    What intrigues/ed me is how he escaped from max security Wormwood Scrubs. How many bungs to how many corrupt officials / guards / politicians? And how many down the years paper shufflers are in hock to the Lord Lebedevs et al?

Happy days.