Fork upgrade help

Hi all I have a Focus Whistler 3.6 2020 and want to upgrade the front forks, currently on there is Suntour XCT30 DS 100mm what can I up grade it too?
Thanks

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    What is your budget?
    Bear in mind that you will need forks with qr dropouts unless you also plan to change the front wheel.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • I haven't really got a budget ideally not pay stupid amounts but a decent set be good also would be good to keep the front wheel as qr.
    Thanks
  • reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited December 2020
    You'll need forks with a non tapered 1,1/8" steerer tube for a straight forward swap too so options are more limited.

These 29er Rock Shox Reba forks are suitable and in stock for £200:-

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/rockshox-reba-rl-9mmqr-forks

They're air forks so will be a bit lighter and easier to tune/set up for your weight and terrain. To set up you will need a shock pump.

You could also consider Manitou Markhor forks which are similar and roughly the same price if you can find any in stock.

New fork's steerer tubes are longer than needed so will require cutting down to fit your current set up. Then a star fangled nut needs fitting and unless you are doing this yourself there will be extra costs involved so it's something to be aware of.
  • Thank you so much thats all I needed to know, appreciate the advice 🤙