wednesday as a proxy for armageddon

2»

Comments

• seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Drove to drop off/pick up pressies from MiL, drove back, bought Baron bigod, taleggio, Colston basset Stilton, Montgomery Cheddar from posh shop in Wimbledon village. Also chicken liver parfait and assorted charcuterie.

Spent all bl00dy afternoon on calls with potential advisors on an "exit" from a non-performing asset, and another one at 9 a.m. tomorrow. Corporate finance types love to prove how tough they are by working at Christmas. Fidiots.

Picking up some lovely smoked salmon early tomorrow from a fishmonger pal who cures and smokes his own from wild salmon. Otterly delicious. No need for lemon or any other garnish.

Bubbly in fridge ready for carols from Kings college. Half the wrapping accomplished. No cooking tomorrow, curry.

Nearly there...

You don’t have any kids in Kings College do you?
    Ha, just this minute sent them a reference.
    But you’re in Bournemouth aren’t you?
    Yes, one of my grads has applied to KCL
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    seanoconn said:

Had some smoked salmon pate for brekkie, belly has been dodgy ever since. Spent a delightful few hours dodging Covid in hospital while poor number 1 boy had six teeth removed! 2 adult and 4 baby. Could be a lot worse, some very poor little mites on the ward. Margarita going down a treat. Merry Christmas!

What you feeding your kids?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Chicken Tikka Masala for me tomorrow Hoppy.
    Chicken thighs are in the fridge right now marinating.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    pinno said:

Chicken Tikka Masala for me tomorrow Hoppy.
    Chicken thighs are in the fridge right now marinating.

Lavverly. I can't be @rsed cooking Xmas Eve this year.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Tomorrow pm is a big cook and prep sesh: got a Gammon (I think it's called Nigel but I don't listen to it) to prep and cook, plus do the initial prep for the Christmas day stoofvlees / carbonade flamande so it's ready to pop in t'oven for the long slow cook while I get in the Christmas day ride.

T4 keerap means my gym is closing at 1pm, so I need to get moving early doors, last chance etc etc
  • Sausage plait
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Ouch, poor littleishoconn. Did you bump into Dr Tim when you were in George's? Great bloke, completely bonkers. He went to Kings, but he's alright in spite of that.
  • pinno
    Dr Tim Jones, the Neurosurgeon?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    MattFalle said:

Cargobike said:

'kin 'ell.
    Proper brass monkeys today.
    Still rocking a pair of baggy shorts though.
    Having to work twice as hard to keep warm though.
    Could murder a pint in front of a roaring fire in a pub.
    Might have to use that image to get through the rest of the day.

In other news a young lady I had a dalliance with a year or two ago has been in touch out of the blue. CB is now wondering whether he's a father once again or whether it's something less sinister.

Always good to have a plan B if the OH throws another wobbly and this one is even younger too :lol:

unless she has the gestation period of an iguana, if she was preggers you'd have got a letter from her brief a long while ago.....

#aworryaboutnowt
    #attentionseeking
    Syphilis maybe and having to contact trace?

Evening btw!

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited December 2020

MattFalle said:

Cargobike said:

'kin 'ell.
    Proper brass monkeys today.
    Still rocking a pair of baggy shorts though.
    Having to work twice as hard to keep warm though.
    Could murder a pint in front of a roaring fire in a pub.
    Might have to use that image to get through the rest of the day.

In other news a young lady I had a dalliance with a year or two ago has been in touch out of the blue. CB is now wondering whether he's a father once again or whether it's something less sinister.

Always good to have a plan B if the OH throws another wobbly and this one is even younger too :lol:

unless she has the gestation period of an iguana, if she was preggers you'd have got a letter from her brief a long while ago.....

#aworryaboutnowt
    #attentionseeking
    Syphilis maybe and having to contact trace?

Evening btw!

tell you the truth, even without taking the michael, its probably quite a secure option - if not syph the another asymptomatic std that she has only just found out about, transmitted around over the past couple of years.

people have been a lot more medically aware last few months so she may have had an M.O.T. and le voila - the results don't lie. Standard practice to get the carrier to contact people has infected and if she didn't know she had it neither will all the blokes she's been involved with.

But it could be nothing, just passing on Season's Greetings. Yeah, that's it. Out of the blue, two years later, "hi, Felize Navidad".

You hold onto that thought.

#i'vesomethingtotellyouanditsnotgood
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Had some smoked salmon pate for brekkie, belly has been dodgy ever since. Spent a delightful few hours dodging Covid in hospital while poor number 1 boy had six teeth removed! 2 adult and 4 baby. Could be a lot worse, some very poor little mites on the ward. Margarita going down a treat. Merry Christmas!

Are you sitting down? If not do, this might take a while...

So today’s menu

Wild mushroom soup with wild mushroom ravioli (uszka) little ears.

Traditional vegetable salad, finely chopped cooked carrots and parsnips, peas, gerkin, Apple, onion mixed with mayo. Jarzynowa salad

Cheese, potato and fried onion dumplings. Piergi

Pickled herring

Horseradish and Apple salad

Sauerkraut with wild mushroom and apple.

Breaded cod fillet. Carp substitute

Potato salad

Potatoes boiled in skins

Apple crumble. Strudel substitute

Tomorrow

Roast goose and all the trimmings.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle said:

tell you the truth, even without taking the michael, its probably quite a secure option - if not syph the another asymptomatic std that she has only just found out about, transmitted around over the past couple of years.

people have been a lot more medically aware last few months so she may have had an M.O.T. and le voila - the results don't lie. Standard practice to get the carrier to contact people has infected and if she didn't know she had it neither will all the blokes she's been involved with.

But it could be nothing, just passing on Season's Greetings. Yeah, that's it. Out of the blue, two years later, "hi, Felize Navidad".

You hold onto that thought.

#i'vesomethingtotellyouanditsnotgood

:lol:
    Far more likely something I've given her, than she's given me.
    She's an impressionable young lady, easy prey for a randy old b*gger like me.

As it is, it is nothing, a sociable chat and enquiry as to whether I have any work going that she could do in the new year, as her work in Portsmouth has gone south due to Covid-19. So now she is back home in Sheffield, not a million miles away using her contacts to get on. CB will bend over backwards to help her, she's smart, streetwise and a grafter, just what I need.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400

Ouch, poor littleishoconn. Did you bump into Dr Tim when you were in George's? Great bloke, completely bonkers. He went to Kings, but he's alright in spite of that.

No Tim, surgeon Tom. All the staff are flipping awesome.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Are you sitting down? If not do, this might take a while...

So today’s menu

Wild mushroom soup with wild mushroom ravioli (uszka) little ears.

Traditional vegetable salad, finely chopped cooked carrots and parsnips, peas, gerkin, Apple, onion mixed with mayo. Jarzynowa salad

Cheese, potato and fried onion dumplings. Piergi

Pickled herring

Horseradish and Apple salad

Sauerkraut with wild mushroom and apple.

Breaded cod fillet. Carp substitute

Potato salad

Potatoes boiled in skins

Apple crumble. Strudel substitute

Tomorrow

Roast goose and all the trimmings.
    So in reality, you're over feeding them.

#can'twin
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    Cargobike said:

As it is, it is nothing, a sociable chat and enquiry as to whether I have any work going that she could do in the new year, as her work in Portsmouth has gone south due to Covid-19. So now she is back home in Sheffield, not a million miles away using her contacts to get on. CB will bend over backwards to help her, she's smart, streetwise and a grafter, just what I need.

Sounds good.
    Always worth staying on reasonable terms with people as you never know when it might come in useful.