Probably a really easy fix.

2»

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    are you on 11 speed?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    Yeah
  • MattFalle
    edited December 2020
    Then why don't you change the freehub and then run Shimano/SRAM/whatever cassettes - the cost of the freehub change will be covered by one cassette and then you'll have Campag and other freehubs so wheels will be interchangeable amongst any bike?

#curious
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    I'm happy with Campag. It's pricier than other stuff but lasts very well if looked after. I've used the Miche stuff which is compatible and a fair bit cheaper but found it a bit meh.
    YMMV
  • MattFalle
    Fairzees. Big up for the Campag usage.

#fightingthegoodfight
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    I suspect the keeping things clean is the best way to get longevity.
  • MattFalle
    And using oil. Any oil.

#justuseit
  • Looks like I may have started something here 🤣🤣. I've tried barrel adjusters, hasnt really improved, going to take it for a gear index to a pal.

It did come from the Internet so may have not been set up properly.

I did think it may be because I've been riding it for a few months now and the cables may have stretched since new? So may just need re indexing?
  • MattFalle
    dsorby2 said:

Looks like I may have started something here 🤣🤣. I've tried barrel adjusters, hasnt really improved, going to take it for a gear index to a pal.

It did come from the local bike retailer where the clubbies go so may have not been set up properly.

I did think it may be because I've been riding it for a few months now and the cables may have stretched since new? So may just need re indexing?

ftfy and yes

#streeeeeeeeeeetched
    #elongated
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,646
    Cables don't stretch.
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408
    edited December 2020
    webboo said:

50x11 said:

Big-big isn't really a big deal and often overstated; You should still be able to set it up to run smoothly. If you only ever used 2-3 with each ring you would only have 5-6 gears!

Yeah so many people are obsessed with "cross chaining", literally ridden 10's of thousands miles in this way and had no issues, once it's set up properly. No idea why people still think it's such a big issue.
    I don’t really care about whether cross chain chaining is good bad or indifferent but I don’t believe you have ridden 10’s of thousand miles in big and big. You might do few times as you go over crest of hill but thousands of miles no.
    Here he is.

I'm including the 2nd and 3rd biggest cogs in it.

We're not all smashing around in 53x11
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

Cables don't stretch.

That's chains...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    Sometimes it's just not possible to set a bike up so you can use big/big or small/small without chain rub. My experience is Campag is more forgiving because the trim function is better but it is likely affected by geometry too.

As for the chain slip on the big sprocket - if it's not indexing could possibly be the limit screw isn't quite letting the chain sit on the sprocket - probably indexing though.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    50x11 said:

webboo said:

50x11 said:

Big-big isn't really a big deal and often overstated; You should still be able to set it up to run smoothly. If you only ever used 2-3 with each ring you would only have 5-6 gears!

Yeah so many people are obsessed with "cross chaining", literally ridden 10's of thousands miles in this way and had no issues, once it's set up properly. No idea why people still think it's such a big issue.
    I don’t really care about whether cross chain chaining is good bad or indifferent but I don’t believe you have ridden 10’s of thousand miles in big and big. You might do few times as you go over crest of hill but thousands of miles no.
    Here he is.

I'm including the 2nd and 3rd biggest cogs in it.

We're not all smashing around in 53x11
    So not really cross chaining at all then.