Advice on replacement rear wheel

Hi guys,

Bent up the back wheel on my Pinnacle 2.0 after a bit of an adventure down the side of a hill. I'm using this super budget bike instead of pranging up a decent bike.
The rear wheel has JALCO 26" 559x16C // 6061H-T6 on it.

Any ideas on what I should be looking for as a cheap replacement - unsure how important all of the numbers are.

TIA

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    If you replace the wheel and then do the same riding you'll probably end up wrecking the new wheel as well. If you used a 'decent bike' it wouldn't get pranged up!

Anyway, you just need to change the wheel with a like for like replacement. 559X16C is the dameter and width of the rim: it's a 26" rim with an internal width of 16mm.
    6061H-T6 is the grade of aluminium the rim is made of and the heat treatment it has received.
    Make sure you get a wheel with the same hub spacing and fixing (e.g. quick release or thru axle).
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited December 2020
    Exactly this ^^ but to add a little to make sure and after a quick google of your reference this came up:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/c/1380475912

A few pics would help of rim (unlikely rim brake), cassette type (unlikely freewheel), brake rotor mount standard would make sure all the existing parts can be re-fitted to the new wheel.