Wet Wednesday

2»

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Will it ever stop raining? My new paving stones have turned green. Rain rain rain.

As per Stevo, everyone seems to have woken up and tried to get stuff off their desk, and on to someone else's. Busy batting it all back, or getting it onto someone else's if possible.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    OH has had some bad news about 'her' Defender. We bought it 3 months ago, took it for a service and it needs a new chassis... Unfortunately we bought it from a friend's dad who had it MOT'd just before sale so we don't want to start a huge argument.

Seeing as it was a few k less than others with similar mileage I'm tempted to get a galvanized chassis for it, they all need it sooner or later and they are significantly more valuable once it's done. Bit of a pain as I'm going to be car-less from Tuesday and the defender was going to be my Christmas run about
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

Really bored now.

Colleague in office - a man you really, really don't want to make angry (PARA, Commando, generally angry) has just stormed off to kick someone's head in.
    #secretsnoring

Mess with his stuff before he gets back 😃
    Saw an inch off the legs of his desk.
    That'll confuse him, he won't know what's wrong but it'll take days to get comfortable again.
    adjust his chair ever so much that its detectable but not detectable but something is wrong but i'm not sure what......
    or just set fire to it.
    no, because he will hit me with hammers

#ouch.fuckingstopit.ouch
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

Really bored now.

Colleague in office - a man you really, really don't want to make angry (PARA, Commando, generally angry) has just stormed off to kick someone's head in.
    #secretsnoring

Mess with his stuff before he gets back 😃
    Saw an inch off the legs of his desk.
    That'll confuse him, he won't know what's wrong but it'll take days to get comfortable again.
    adjust his chair ever so much that its detectable but not detectable but something is wrong but i'm not sure what......
    or just set fire to it.
    no, because he will hit me with hammers

#ouch.fuckingstopit.ouch
    How d yer get away with that?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Because MF OWNS THIS PLACE. THIS IS HIS MANOR. NOBODY MESSES WITH MF ON HIS MANOR.

#goon.fuckingdohim.hithimwithsticks
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330

MattFalle said:

Really bored now.

I've lost the will to live through boredom and may go to sleep under my desk.

#secretsnoring

You need to get your cv-19 app to tell you to isolate, and quickly.
    #go-home
    I'll fwd a doctored C19 text from the NHS.
    Doctored (no pun intended) 'cos it was negative, then you can show it to the duty sargeant(?).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Looks like wellies for walking the hounds today, might have a rest day today as we really need to decorate the tree and move the sofa from the dinning room

But but but... your dining room is as big as the Albert hall.
    Hence the tree will last so long in the cold
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    :)

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    haydenm said:

OH has had some bad news about 'her' Defender. We bought it 3 months ago, took it for a service and it needs a new chassis..

I thought they had aluminium chassis? Or is that just a certain vintage?

Will it not last until after Christmas or is it currently being held together by the bodywork?
  • Car woes?
    Thank God I'm not alone.
    My Tesla Model 3 is a stinking pile of sh*te.
    Considering it is only 3 months old, you wouldn't expect it to be in the dealers all the time.
    On paper it's a technical tour de force, but the reality is that it's too clever for it's own good. Add in that the build quality is shocking and I'm in the process of finding wiggle room to bin it off. Worse case scenario it'll become the business pool car, but I've lost faith in it all together. Alledgedly there is a software update coming that will fix all it's problems but nobody can tell me when that is. If it was next week, great, but what if it's 6 months down the line.
    Then again what's the alternative?
    Probably back to the Jaguar I Pace, but that has hardly any usable range for real-life living.
    Decisions, decisions.....
  • thistle_
    You could stick your name down for a Citroen Ami :lol:
  • You could stick your name down for a Citroen Ami :lol:

Love it tbh.
    I much prefer small cars anyway.
    If I want to do distance I'd rather jump on a motorbike, but too many people get used to their creature comforts.
  • thistle_
    Cargobike said:

You could stick your name down for a Citroen Ami :lol:

Love it tbh.
    I much prefer small cars anyway.
    If I want to do distance I'd rather jump on a motorbike, but too many people get used to their creature comforts.
    If they did a turbocharged version (50/60 mph top speed and 100 mile range) for under 10k I might get one.
  • If they did a turbocharged version (50/60 mph top speed and 100 mile range) for under 10k I might get one.

I had a Reva G-Whiz around the turn of the century.
    The most utterly sh*t car I've ever owned, but it paved the way to a whole new world of motoring.
    Some of the stuff being made in China is excellent both on price and what it'll do for the money.