Scaling geometries through the sizes

At 6'6" I'm usually looking at the very biggest size frame from any manufacturer. What I notice is that some manufacturers seem to have a extremely low stack in the largest sizes, compared to others. A brand that, to me, keeps geometry in proportion through the sizes is Cervelo, whereas ones that don't would include Ribble and Bianchi.

Now, I ride a 2018 Cervelo R3 and a 2019 Cannondale Supersix Evo with about a 10cm saddle to handlebar drop. When I look at Bianchi for example, in the normal sizes people seem to have a quite reasonable saddle to handlebar drop, but by the time you get to the largest sizes I reckon I would be looking at 15cm minimum even in an endurance frame which is just too aggressive for me. Any ideas on why some brands scale geometry so different to others?

Comments

• rwoofer said:

At 6'6" I'm usually looking at the very biggest size frame from any manufacturer. What I notice is that some manufacturers seem to have a extremely low stack in the largest sizes, compared to others. A brand that, to me, keeps geometry in proportion through the sizes is Cervelo, whereas ones that don't would include Ribble and Bianchi.

Now, I ride a 2018 Cervelo R3 and a 2019 Cannondale Supersix Evo with about a 10cm saddle to handlebar drop. When I look at Bianchi for example, in the normal sizes people seem to have a quite reasonable saddle to handlebar drop, but by the time you get to the largest sizes I reckon I would be looking at 15cm minimum even in an endurance frame which is just too aggressive for me. Any ideas on why some brands scale geometry so different to others?

Fewer moulds, lower costs.