Tuesday, is Chris really driving home for Christmas?

2»

Comments

• parmos
    parmos Posts: 100
    Cargobike said:

Oh, to answer the question, Chris won't be driving home for Christmas.

Why would anyone want to drive to Middlesborough while living in the well to do confines of Windsor?

can't beat the smog tho mate you know you're getting close when you see the clouds hanging over the town B)
  • Finished shed project Part 1. Lazy local pedal given it was quite breezy out there, but still pretty pleasant. Was definitely low tide...

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    parmos said:

Cargobike said:

Why would anyone want to drive to Middlesborough while living in the well to do confines of Windsor?

can't beat the smog tho mate you know you're getting close when you see the clouds hanging over the town B)
    ICI, the 8th Wonder of the Modern World.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Does anyone know if 10 and 11 speed spacing is the same? Eyeing it up through the packet it looks pretty spot on.

No it is not but you can deploy a 'shift mate'.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jtek-ShiftMate-6/312181199609?epid=683706216&hash=item48af7312f9:g:umIAAOSwDcZbPekb

There are many versions - up to 7 depending on what compatibility you want to create.

Grazie! seems to have solved itself for now for some reason though - no idea why.

#buggeredifIknow
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    As an aside, is posting pictures on here now as eady as pressing that piccie thing and just choosing it from the files? No more imgr issues?

#oooh.pictures.
  • MattFalle
    Ben6899 said:

parmos said:

Cargobike said:

ICI, the 8th Wonder of the Modern World.
    Not as nice as Port Talbot, the emerald of the crown jewels.

Nowhere is as nice as Port Talbot, see

#who'spollutionisthisenvironmentaldamagethen?
  • parmos said:

Cargobike said:

Lived in Ormesby many years ago.
    Still got family up that way.
    I agree, the clouds hanging over the town is just as I remember it as a kid.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    I heard you can ride those bicycle things outdoors so I got mine out ready to try it at lunchtime.
    As soon as I started getting ready to go it started lashing it down so sacked that off. Of course, the sun's just come out again now :neutral:
  • thistle_
    Ben6899 said:

Donny Chain Gang tonight. Need to eat plenty through the day...

Can't make it this week but might try and give it a go next week. Someone needs to be at the back.
  • MattFalle
    oxoman said:

MF, fraid so. So simple your granny can do it.

GET IN! Pics a go-go then
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    POIDH. Innit.

That's work work done for the year. Time to chill, relax, pop round to visit some mates, meet them up the pub for a few beers now and again, see what gigs are on, oh no they're not.... Nein, das ist verboten, sie müssen die Regeln befolgen, verstehen.

Do have a 3 hour mandatory outside under the heaters scotch eggs not optional meet next week. Until the barstewards, not those, drag us into T3. Bah effin' humbug.

• I cant see us going into T2 for a while yet, either the enforced one or the one at Manchester Airport.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Cargobike said:

parmos said:

Cargobike said:

Lived in Ormesby many years ago.
    Still got family up that way.
    I agree, the clouds hanging over the town is just as I remember it as a kid.
    Grew up in Redcar and could see the night time glow/false sunrise from the ICI plant when they burned off the surplus gas. Apparently the opening night time scenes in 'Blade Runner' were inspired by that :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Ben6899
    Stevo_666 said:

Grew up in Redcar and could see the night time glow/false sunrise from the ICI plant when they burned off the surplus gas. Apparently the opening night time scenes in 'Blade Runner' were inspired by that :smile:

Replicant gadgies.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294

seanoconn said:

OK, so i rode into work in the pouring rain so someone from IT could fix my computer AT 9:00 AM. I told them I was busy all day and would need to be away from the office, working in the materials lab, but i'll be there at 09:00. Where the fark are they? another waste of a f'ing day waiting around for someone else to f'ing turn up on time. They're doing it remotely, they don't even have to come to f'ing office. B'stards!

They’re probably busy

I have Outlook and Teams not working. So they tried contacting via email, then Teams... I gave them my phone number but actually speaking is too complicated.
    We have an IT guy like that, sends an email to say the internet connection is down. I don't think he knows how email works.
  • veronese68
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of wfw again, bizarrely I have to go in tomorrow as well. Managed to wobble in at least so a little exercise, passing roadies whilst riding an old steel town bike is entertaining but hard work.
    Going for pre tier3 drinks and pizza tonight, Wednesday has come early.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 said:

Jesus F***ing Christ
    Ben

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,396
    Ben6899 said:

Ben6899 said:

Jesus F***ing Christ
    Lay off the marching powder
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn

Evening folks,
    Busy day of wfw again, bizarrely I have to go in tomorrow as well. Managed to wobble in at least so a little exercise, passing roadies whilst riding an old steel town bike is entertaining but hard work.

Lack of day posts have been noted V.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Ben6899 said:

Wasn't Doncaster a bit far for a bike ride?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,312
    Stevo_666 said:

Ben6899 said:

Wasn't Doncaster a bit far for a bike ride?
    Maybe it was an Osmond's euphemism.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    Ben6899 said:

Ben6899 said:

Jesus F***ing Christ
    Maybe I'll give it a miss next week.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    edited December 2020
    Ben6899 said:

Ben6899 said:

Jesus F***ing Christ
    Did the original hipster turn up?
  • veronese68
    seanoconn said:

Evening folks,

Apologies, day job getting in the way of posting sh!te on here. My boss is on holiday so I've had to step up, it was commented in a manager's meeting today by one of the directors that the tone has changed noticeably this week due to my presence.
  • oxoman said:

I wonder if MF has finished getting rid of his body hair yet. Glad your back seano I thought I'd scared you off. Just managed to get a ban from posting comments on local paper. Local council trying to be seen as anti racist and anti slavery has caused so much offence in CB,s patch it's unreal. All over a stupid carved wooden head mounted above the street.

Oh 'eck!
    Haven't got round to that recently @oxoman
    The stalker of the OH, or whatever I call her now, is an Ashbourne lad. He really is the epitome of a racist, web-fingered twat.

Might have to don the Doc Martens, shave the head and go and stomp some of the snowflakes.

#storminateacup
  • In other news had a long heart to heart with the OH tonight.

Didn't develop into an alcohol fuelled, kinky sex-fest though.

Not sure whether to take it as a positive or not.
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

Evening folks,

My boss is on holiday so I've had to step up, it was commented in a manager's meeting today by one of the directors that the tone has changed noticeably this week due to my presence.
    Sorry to hear the tone has changed V 😔 Italians aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, all that shouting and gesticulating. But at least you’ll be able to post more in future 😃👍
  • seanoconn
    oxoman said:

Glad your back seano I thought I'd scared you off.

Don’t be fooled by the pretty boy exterior, seano likes his precious banter he does, he keeps it in his pocketses he does and if any dirty smelly hobbitses tries to take his precious banter he’ll kill them! Kill them all! My precious, mine!
  • MattFalle