sunday there is no preferred independent time variable

2»

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

blimey its windy and cold.

Having coffee , Das Hound is whining because he needs a wee but everytime I go to let him out he whinges because its so cold.

Can't he go just go in a bottle like everyone else?

if it stays this cold it may be an option worth exploring tbh...
    Or see if you can train him to use the porcelain.
    No more cold wees ever again.
    I can barely get him to not roll around in whatever ďead creature he finds whilst prowling the Sacred Lands Of The Druids let alone cock a leg over Armitage Shank's finest.

Good call though. I may set one of The Brethren onto the task ....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

now that's ridiculously cool even if we're not in it....

How many would I need?!

I ran out of mini figures. In fact, I don't have any - I 'borrowed' them off the girls.
    We like to think of ourselves as existential, more of a metaphysical state of being than mere mortal, although we do actually take up a lot of space.

7 or 8 would suffice at a push though we suppose.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

now that's ridiculously cool even if we're not in it....

How many would I need?!

I ran out of mini figures. In fact, I don't have any - I 'borrowed' them off the girls.
    We like to think of ourselves as existential, more of a metaphysical state of being than mere mortal, although we do actually take up a lot of space.

7 or 8 would suffice at a push though we suppose.
    I found a figure for coopster.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    pinno said:

Fixing puncture - check.

appropriate as the rear is an old veloflex criterium that i patched and sewed

front is a 2010 matured in the cool dark old style 22mm veloflex carbon that schwalbe had branded for them
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    [Teaching granny to suck eggs]

Would there be more efficacy in running wider 28mm tyres - lower pressure, more compliance?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    pinno said:

I've been doing some Lego too DHL

https://youtu.be/GyNDQguY93w

How long did it take you to make that?

Whatever, you have far too much time on your hands!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    pinno said:

Would there be more efficacy in running wider 28mm tyres - lower pressure, more compliance?

SG is old school
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    elbowloh said:

pinno said:

I've been doing some Lego too DHL

https://youtu.be/GyNDQguY93w

How long did it take you to make that?

Whatever, you have far too much time on your hands!
    Oooh. About 15 months p/t. TV is shyte.
    A single module can take 3 weeks.
    Then it fails.
    Then you build it again.
    Some of the f*ckers need building 4 or 5 times.
    Some modules come together in a matter of hours and the mechanics are all do-able. It's the transition from one machine to another that is the hardest to reconcile.

Imagine - heights, slopes (too steep, too difficult to control, too shallow, no momentum), mechanically there's a minimum height too.

Bored yet?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    pinno said:

no clearance for 28mm, 25mm barely clears the downtube at the fd hanger

rims are 20mm wide v profile, going >22mm at the front really changes the handling in strong winds, even 23mm is too much, the wheel starts to catch as yaw angle changes, gets nasty on windy twisty descents with 23mm, never again using that on the front

normally use veloflex sprinter at the front, 22mm, if there were readily available and decent narrower i'd use them

tried dugasts, incredibly grippy compound but wet roads kill them fastest of all, at high temperature i also had the tread start to peel at the edges, which was really off putting

might try fmb one day, but i bought a lot of last gen veloflex to store away, their new range has nothing narrower than 23mm, i blame the fat tyre fad

i've got some ambrosio nemesis which i use 25mm tubs on, but the ride is less comfy than the narrower tubs on the obermayers, and 25 feels 'squirmier' on heroic corners

plus as v68 points out, i'm old school, skinny tyres just look better :smiley:
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny