Defy advanced 1 Vs Scott Addict disc 10

gste306
gste306 Posts: 2
edited December 2020 in Road buying advice
After a few years using my flat bar commuter for weekend/longer rides I'm looking to buy a proper road bike and it's come down to a choice between a giant Defy advanced 1 2021 or a Scott Addict 10 disc. I'm going for a sportive as it sounds like they'll be more comfortable. Does anyone have any experience with either or any view on which is best? Given the realities of 2020 it's hard to sit on either bike - the Scott is very rare and the Defy not in stock anywhere close to me. I've sat on a Defy advanced 2 in an ML size but need an L and they don't have one in stock anywhere that I can get to. Aside from anything else the paint job on the Defy doesn't thrill me, but I could live with it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• acrebo
    acrebo Posts: 16
    edited December 2020
    I have an Addict 20 Disc and am thrilled with it, although it’s my first road bike so can’t offer much of a comparison to anything else.

I prefer to be a bit different with most things in life, so the relative rarity of the bike appealed to me...! My only criticisms are the stock saddle wasn’t very comfortable for me at all (replaced with Bontrager Aeolus) and the wheels could do with upgrading soon.