2016 Rockshox Pike RC Solo Air still suffering from stiction even after lower leg service... help

So I just did a lower leg service on my forks because they were suffering from pretty bad stiction making it hard to accurately set sag as the fork kept diving and didn’t go smoothly through its travel at all when slowly compressing the fork.

Anyway I did the service, greased the crap out of the seals, oiled the foam rings, put some oil in the lowers in addition to cleaning everything and then put it all together and then put some muc off silicon shine on the forks and alas, they still had stiction.

I’d say the stiction is possibly a tiny bit better as it takes less force to make the fork dive, however, diving is still there and compared to my other bike with a Recon fitted, the latter is much smoother and I can push it through its travel very linearly very slowly without any diving.

So my question is, how tf do I get rid of the stiction?

Comments

• mully79
    mully79 Posts: 904
    1st off, check if stiction is reduced by removing the front wheel or loosening off the axle. (Obviously dont ride it like that)
    i had a rogue front wheel that was narrow so the lowers weren't parallel.( ie, after adjusting the cones for overly worn bearings)