Wiggle not doing next day delivery when you pay annually.

Just tried to order some stuff on wiggle with next day delivery that i had paid for annually, but they now say they are not honouring it because they are busy!

Comments

• It is all in the small print of the T's & C's
    Free next-day delivery is subject to the usual cut-off times (see here), deliveries are not made on Bank Holidays including over the festive period, and next-day delivery cannot be guaranteed within peak trading periods.
    Blame it on Wiggle!
  • Not on is it? [unreasonable terms]
    Sue them for breach of contract in your county court
    You may be able to bring a joint action with others against them

• Just a bit peeved, could only get a delivery time of next week or pay an extra £3.99 to get it sooner.
  • banditvic said:

Just a bit peeved, could only get a delivery time of next week or pay an extra £3.99 to get it sooner.

So they have admitted there not too busy to do it, by this offer. As I said I reckon it's breach of contract… they are offering you what you've already paid for if you pay again!
  • cq20
    cq20 Posts: 207
    Oddly, with the last 2 items I bought from Wiggle last month, I opted for the deliver at your leisure option and on both occasions they were delivered the next day by Hermes (Yes, I was surprised)
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    edited November 2020
    Ask them if they'll give you a month's extension, or do something along the lines of Amazon (Prime) where they give you an account credit if you wait for the delivery.
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    edited November 2020
    banditvic said:

Just tried to order some stuff on wiggle with next day delivery that i had paid for annually, but they now say they are not honouring it because they are busy!

Wiggle are taking the p**s there. that's bang out of order.

I'd be giving them an earful.
  • akh
    akh Posts: 206
    I had the same issue. There's now a banner on the basket page explaining it's because of the busy period, but there wasn't when I tried to place my order so I assumed it was a technical issue and raised an enquiry. In fairness they responded pretty quickly (within a few hours) explaining and pointing to the T&Cs.

I think the T&Cs are a bit ambiguous, "next-day delivery cannot be guaranteed within peak trading periods" reads to me like the item may take a little longer to arrive, not they'll suspend the service entirely. As of 17:56 on Monday 30th November it seems they'll accept a next day order if you pay the usual price but won't let you use your Wiggle Plus discount.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    They've been really quick delivering recently. Even though I go for the free options. My local Hermes are great
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • The problem is that the pandemic has caused a seismic shift in our shopping habits which would have likely changed over 5-10 years but has been accelerated into 1. It's not that Wiggle themselves can't get the goods out of the door in time, but that there aren't enough couriers willing to work for scant reward to make the deliveries, slowing the delivery times down.

I'm in the courier business and it is causing massive problems this year. Today was the first full delivery day since Black Friday and having checked the data we were 42% busier today than we were last year, whereas last year we were 12% busier than the year before.

Luckily, I employ all of my staff and provide all the equipment for them to do their jobs, so it's me who takes the initial financial hit, but most multi-drop couriers are self employed and having to buy or lease a van upfront, insure and fuel it, but don't receive any income for the first 5 weeks or so.

The knock on effect is that there has never been so much work, but unless courier businesses change their last-mile delivery set up and front more, or even some, of the upfront cost there aren't going to be enough people to actually deliver the stuff that everyone is buying.

In the first instance, consumers rights regarding delivery have to be met by the retailer they have purchased goods from, so Wiggle is covering it's own back by changing it's delivery policy.
  • So jut to confirm subscription next day shippers will not get this service but anyone that pays extra can? If so they are taking the p---.
    So Far!