Wiggle... no longer offering price match

2»

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,803
    womack said:

Quite new to the forum so excuse my impertinence of joining in conversation.

My go to, like some others on here, is Merlin although as I haven't spent a lot lately looks as if I have dropped from the Gold Discount level.

My second choice of supplier ( dons hard hat) is actually Halfords on line service.

Whilst I realise there can be something of an elitist attitude towards Halfords they tend to hold good stocks, offer reasonable prices and not too shoddy delivery.

Nobody has an issue with Halfords for parts, or even bikes.
    As long as you rebuild the bike. 😉 The issue is the "technicians".
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Dude

No impertinence or excuse required. Welcome to the madness. Treat this place as pub and drop in and out, say what you want, when you want.

It's not a cycling club full of clubbies, you don't have to earn the right of anything. Its a forum on the internet.

Re Halfords - agree. Much like any shop they can be mega, they can be rubbish. Its luckof the draw.

I think you'll find its clubbies, snobbies and essentially people who don't k ow what tbey are talking about will have a good old bash at Halfords but are happy to drop a wedge at the local retailer because they think it makes them look pro. But it doesn't.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • ed1973
    ed1973 Posts: 284
    pblakeney said:

womack said:

My go to, like some others on here, is Merlin although as I haven't spent a lot lately looks as if I have dropped from the Gold Discount level.

My second choice of supplier ( dons hard hat) is actually Halfords on line service.

Whilst I realise there can be something of an elitist attitude towards Halfords they tend to hold good stocks, offer reasonable prices and not too shoddy delivery.

Totally agree, as a part time bike fettler, I have a number of tools from halfords and they are fine.
    My friend recently bought his bike from Halfords, great bike built up in house he rode it for a couple of weeks then took it in for a ‘service’ all they asked him was ‘is there anything you need doing’ he wasn’t sure so said no, so they literally gave him his bike back. I told him to bring it round and I had to go round every bolt and found they were either woefully under or over torqued, properly indexed the gears, set up the brakes properly and took the wobble out of the axles on both wheels. I was amazed how badly it had been put together.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    pblakeney said:

womack said:

halfords dudes are no better or worse than any found in any shop.

its all luck of the draw.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • womack
    womack Posts: 566
    MattFalle said:

Dude

No impertinence or excuse required. Welcome to the madness. Treat this place as pub and drop in and out, say what you want, when you want.

It's not a cycling club full of clubbies, you don't have to earn the right of anything. Its a forum on the internet.

Re Halfords - agree. Much like any shop they can be mega, they can be rubbish. Its luckof the draw.

I think you'll find its clubbies, snobbies and essentially people who don't k ow what tbey are talking about will have a good old bash at Halfords but are happy to drop a wedge at the local retailer because they think it makes them look pro. But it doesn't.

Thanks for welcome but it turns out I have been a member since 2015 just never posted! Must have joined for a reason at the time but lord knows what is was!
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Where's the other womack. I always understood they came in pairs?

😉
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • womack
    womack Posts: 566
    elbowloh said:

😉

I think I may have named it after Bobby Womack who had not long died at the time. I think the duo Womack and Womack were his offspring / relations?

Bobby was a music hero of mine but amongst all the good stuff he wrote / sang is usually remembered for writing "It's All Over Now" as it was a hit for the Stones.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Cecil and Lynda womack (husband and wife). Cecil was Bobby's brother.

Teardrops is a great track.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    elbowloh said:

😉

Post of 2021 so far.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/