Forum home Road cycling forum Road general

Black Friday Treats

It's that time of year when the offers come flooding into the Inbox. Almost dived into the Bkool subscription offer but noticed the small print that said it would cancel the current monthly one that renews in late Dec, so I'd be losing most of that month's fee that effectively wiped out the saving over the normal annual subs.

Tempted by the Le Col tights offer but missed out on the sizes.

Have ordered a big trolley jack and axle stands, but I don't think they will be getting put to use on bikes.

Anyone been splashing out?

Posts

  • Dorset_BoyDorset_Boy Posts: 3,797
    Couple of Christmas presents:
    £209 for vivoactive 4 watch on Amazon for me from the Mrs
    £400 for Theragun 4 Pro massage gun for the family, lots of places offering this, down from £549
  • Not really seen anything and not desperate to buy anything.

    On the shopping list are:
    - Bar end Di2 charger and run it all internal (vanity project)
    - new shoes (vanity project)
    - really nice winter bibs with water repellency (actually useful)
    - R9050 groupset (vanity project)
    - full strip down and rebuild of summer bike then do the Di2 bar end at the same time and new bar tape (probably about time for it)
    - non black replacement for my rapha pro team winter jacket (not really seen anything I like)
  • joe2019joe2019 Posts: 1,109

    Couple of Christmas presents:
    £209 for vivoactive 4 watch on Amazon for me from the Mrs

    How's it a present if you brought it, know what it is?
  • Dorset_BoyDorset_Boy Posts: 3,797
    joe2019 said:

    Couple of Christmas presents:
    £209 for vivoactive 4 watch on Amazon for me from the Mrs

    How's it a present if you brought it, know what it is?
    When you've been married 25 years, you tend to choose the present you want. Much better than getting something you don't want. I may have ordered it, SWMBO will pay for it,
  • joe2019joe2019 Posts: 1,109

    joe2019 said:

    Couple of Christmas presents:
    £209 for vivoactive 4 watch on Amazon for me from the Mrs

    How's it a present if you brought it, know what it is?
    When you've been married 25 years, you tend to choose the present you want. Much better than getting something you don't want. I may have ordered it, SWMBO will pay for it,
    I would have thought that she would have pretty good idea of what you 'don't want' after 25 years :)
  • pblakeneypblakeney Posts: 15,213
    joe2019 said:

    joe2019 said:

    Couple of Christmas presents:
    £209 for vivoactive 4 watch on Amazon for me from the Mrs

    How's it a present if you brought it, know what it is?
    When you've been married 25 years, you tend to choose the present you want. Much better than getting something you don't want. I may have ordered it, SWMBO will pay for it,
    I would have thought that she would have pretty good idea of what you 'don't want' after 25 years :)
    I'll take a guess and place you as 40ish or younger? 🤣
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • joe2019joe2019 Posts: 1,109
    pblakeney said:

    joe2019 said:

    joe2019 said:

    Couple of Christmas presents:
    £209 for vivoactive 4 watch on Amazon for me from the Mrs

    How's it a present if you brought it, know what it is?
    When you've been married 25 years, you tend to choose the present you want. Much better than getting something you don't want. I may have ordered it, SWMBO will pay for it,
    I would have thought that she would have pretty good idea of what you 'don't want' after 25 years :)
    I'll take a guess and place you as 40ish or younger? 🤣
    56

  • pblakeneypblakeney Posts: 15,213
    joe2019 said:

    pblakeney said:

    joe2019 said:

    joe2019 said:

    Couple of Christmas presents:
    £209 for vivoactive 4 watch on Amazon for me from the Mrs

    How's it a present if you brought it, know what it is?
    When you've been married 25 years, you tend to choose the present you want. Much better than getting something you don't want. I may have ordered it, SWMBO will pay for it,
    I would have thought that she would have pretty good idea of what you 'don't want' after 25 years :)
    I'll take a guess and place you as 40ish or younger? 🤣
    56

    Ah well. Wrong again. 😉 My wife makes the mistake of trying to get something different instead of the usual expected favourites. Different is invariably wrong.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,241
    Wahay, 😎 he,s older than me. Result.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,068 Lives Here
    oxoman said:

    Wahay, 😎 he,s older than me. Result.

    I thought that too 😃
  • me-109me-109 Posts: 1,386

    oxoman said:

    Wahay, 😎 he,s older than me. Result.

    I thought that too 😃
    Yeah, but is he faster? ;)
  • joe2019 said:

    Couple of Christmas presents:
    £209 for vivoactive 4 watch on Amazon for me from the Mrs

    How's it a present if you brought it, know what it is?
    When you've been married 25 years, you tend to choose the present you want. Much better than getting something you don't want. I may have ordered it, SWMBO will pay for it,
    haha, this is what we did this year as well ;-)
  • me-109 said:

    Tempted by the Le Col tights offer but missed out on the sizes.

    I got a pair of Le Col tights, and some shorts today. With the Strava codes as well it makes them very reasonable. Its a shame having to pay double postage, but the sizes don't last long enough to wait.

    2020 Metric Century Challenge Winner
Sign In or Register to comment.