Best cheap turbo trainer?

As per the title, I just need something in case I get locked down again. I'm outside the UK and can't seem to find anything here. So I need something cheap that can be shipped out to mainland Europe at a reasonable price. Does anyone have any experience of Planet-X own branded trainers? Failing that I guess i could put something in the wanted section...

Thanks

B

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,775

As per the title, I just need something in case I get locked down again. I'm outside the UK and can't seem to find anything here. So I need something cheap that can be shipped out to mainland Europe at a reasonable price. Does anyone have any experience of Planet-X own branded trainers? Failing that I guess i could put something in the wanted section...

Thanks

B

The problem might be right there as they are exceedingly heavy.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    edited November 2020
    Try Decathlon.
  • mr.b-campag
    mr.b-campag Posts: 389
    edited November 2020
    Thanks both. Planet X are quoting £20 for shipping which seems very reasonable given, as noted, the weight of these things...I thought of Decathlon but they don't stock their cheaper turbo's here, and it doesn't look as though I can get one delivered from the UK unfortunately :-(
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    Is there a local Facebook group for buying/selling bike stuff?

Second hand should get you more for your money, but do some research on the prices before buying - I'm not sure what it's like wherever you are buy people have been asking stupid money for ancient second hand turbo trainers during lockdown.
  • There is Facebook marketplace, but generally the prices of everything here second-hand are not what you would describe as cheap. The cheapest thing I can find would be the same price as a cheap planet x one delivered.