Saracen Raw swinging arm flanged plastic bush

I am servicing a Saracen Raw 2007 bike for a teenage lad. The swing arm bushes are toast as are the shock bushes the bike is wobbling like a jelly. I have popped out the bushes assuming it would be easy to find replacements on evilbay but no joy unless I want to order them by the thousand from China. Google doesnt seem to be bringing anything up and the local bearing supplier is shut.

I have measured up the bush and the frame and the bush seems to be a GFM-3034-16
internal dia = 30mm
external dia = 34mm
length = 16mm
flange dia = 44mm
flange thickness = 2mm

Can anyone help me get this lad on the road its his ride to school bike.
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

Comments

• mully79
    mully79 Posts: 904
    Post delayed due to requiring approval. :|

Igus are the plastic bearing manufacturer.
  • mully79
    igus are the major manufacturer of plastic bearing bushes.
    Theyre almost certain to be made by them. Well worth a call

https://www.igus.co.uk
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Got some via Bearing Source in Liverpool. £15.60 for the pair I dont know who made them but it says Oilite on the packet. Just fitted and the happy owner picked up the bike 5 minutes ago.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • mully79
    Sound, good to know. The igus plastic bearings are a modern plastic replacement for self lubricating bushes like oilite (which are actually metal even though they appear soft as cheese)
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    edited November 2020
    mully79 said:

Sound, good to know. The igus plastic bearings are a modern plastic replacement for self lubricating bushes like oilite (which are actually metal even though they appear soft as cheese)

They new ones are plastic. The originals were a cream colour the replacements are a charcoal black with a slightly greasy feel.