friday he who doesn’t risk never gets to drink champagne

2»

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Mate has crashed a rather rare car and I’m really struggling not to reply to some of the fuchwits commenting on car buzz....... but you can’t fix stupid

My favourite saying he’s a talentless XYZ, he ferkin held the goodwood hill climb record for years
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,690
    Ach ignore the Wayne Kerrs, biting back does one no good.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,152
    Stevo_666 said:

Bottle of dry white and a soda stream, et voila...

Have you been watching Big Clive on YouTube too?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Aach, that's dull TLW, hope it's repairable. Unfortunately doubt I can help on parts if it's what I think it is.
    Back to being about me, current thinking is to avoid surgery as likelihood of improvement didn't seem good enough. A second opinion sounds sensible, but I think I'll give the physio more time as I'm reasonably functional at the moment.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    A good physio should be able to give you an informed opinion on whether surgery is the way forward.
  • tlw1

Aach, that's dull TLW, hope it's repairable. Unfortunately doubt I can help on parts if it's what I think it is.
    Back to being about me, current thinking is to avoid surgery as likelihood of improvement didn't seem good enough. A second opinion sounds sensible, but I think I'll give the physio more time as I'm reasonably functional at the moment.

Surly we count as the 2nd opinion?

The car is repairable said the man from his hospital bed 😂
  • tlw1
    orraloon said:

I know..... but can’t abide stupidity and incorrectly think it’s possible to cure them
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,690
    tlw1 said:

orraloon said:

I know..... but can’t abide stupidity and incorrectly think it’s possible to cure them
    Fer shure. I'm still pixxed at myself for snapping back at one such earlier this week. Chances of delivering an antidotal serious kicking to such is... zero.
  • veronese68
    tlw1 said:

orraloon said:

You're remarkably quiet around here then.
    I suffer the same thing at work, sarcasm doesn't appear to be the cure.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515

Stevo_666 said:

Bottle of dry white and a soda stream, et voila...

Have you been watching Big Clive on YouTube too?
    Nah, I just made it up.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

<
    So with no surgery it might improve as I carry on the physio, i will almost certainly end up suffering with arthritis when even older than i already am.
    With surgery I would be back to square one initially, but hopefully the clicking and locking up would get fixed. I would have no more movement than I do now. Arthritis pretty much a certainty.
    What would you do?

What's the difference?

Carry on with physio - it "might" improve, you get arthritis.

Get surgery - it will "hopefully" improve, you get arthritis, p!ssed-up orthopaedic surgeon "fixes" the wrong wrist, and leaves his cufflink in your arm, more surgery.

Seems the only difference is the surgery, which hurts. I'd be asking my orthopaedic consultant to put some numbers on "might" and "hopefully". If "might" is 10% chance, and "hopefully" is 75% chance, I'd be wanting the surgery (though armed with a magic marker to write "this one" on the correct wrist, and checking his cufflinks for stability under pressure), but if it's 50:50, I'd be carrying on with the physio before going under the knife.

Good call about probabilities. That's what I did before the couplemof occasions when I had surgery.

V, also sometimes quite good to ask the doc/surgeon what they would do of they were in your situation.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    https://youtu.be/kD5tBgr2LLc

Good place to race
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

<
    So with no surgery it might improve as I carry on the physio, i will almost certainly end up suffering with arthritis when even older than i already am.
    With surgery I would be back to square one initially, but hopefully the clicking and locking up would get fixed. I would have no more movement than I do now. Arthritis pretty much a certainty.
    What would you do?

What's the difference?

Get surgery - it will "hopefully" improve, you get arthritis, p!ssed-up orthopaedic surgeon "fixes" the wrong wrist, and leaves his cufflink in your arm, more surgery.

Seems the only difference is the surgery, which hurts. I'd be asking my orthopaedic consultant to put some numbers on "might" and "hopefully". If "might" is 10% chance, and "hopefully" is 75% chance, I'd be wanting the surgery (though armed with a magic marker to write "this one" on the correct wrist, and checking his cufflinks for stability under pressure), but if it's 50:50, I'd be carrying on with the physio before going under the knife.

Good call about probabilities. That's what I did before the couplemof occasions when I had surgery.

V, also sometimes quite good to ask the doc/surgeon what they would do of they were in your situation.

Yes, I did ask what she would do if it was her wrist. She started as if she would say no to surgery then checked herself and said she didn't want to steer me in either direction as it was up to me.
    Physio thinks it can improve further. Now looking at building strength rather than just flexibility.
    All of this makes me think I should keep going with the physio then review and possibly get a second opinion.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

<
    What would you do?

What's the difference?

Yes, I did ask what she would do if it was her wrist. She started as if she would say no to surgery then checked herself and said she didn't want to steer me in either direction as it was up to me.
    Physio thinks it can improve further. Now looking at building strength rather than just flexibility.
    All of this makes me think I should keep going with the physio then review and possibly get a second opinion.
    Sensible approach, no harm defering the decision of surgery for a bit as you can always take it a bit later.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,152
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

<
    What would you do?

What's the difference?

Sensible approach, no harm defering the decision of surgery for a bit as you can always take it a bit later.
    You might be able to get a bionic replacement if you can delay it long enough.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

<
    What would you do?

What's the difference?

He should do it now. Haven't you seen Robocop or the 6 Million Dollar Man?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,353
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

<
    What would you do?

What's the difference?

He should do it now. Haven't you seen Robocop or the 6 Million Dollar Man?
    I got some metal in me.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,353
    tlw1 said:

https://youtu.be/kD5tBgr2LLc

Good place to race

A Silk Cut LM Jag and an F1 car. Crackers.
    Mind you, not nearly as crackers as Pike's Peak/Sebastian Loeb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y20CLumT2Sg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    He is such an unassuming chap that only when we were discussing altitude pre Kilimanjaro did he mention he once raced at altitude at pikes peak