Need help with Bianchi Oltre xr3 size

The seller I am trying to buy from only has size 47 and 53. Currently, I am using the Polygon Strattos S7 (it's a local brand) and have found that it is too big despite using the recommended size for my height. I find that my butt tends to slide forward a lot when I ride my current bike

This is the comparison of the geometries:

I am wondering if a size 47 or 53 would be more suitable? My height is 169cm, inseam 78cm.

Comments

• The seller I am trying to buy from only has size 47 and 53. Currently, I am using the Polygon Strattos S7 (it's a local brand) and have found that it is too big despite using the recommended size for my height. I find that my butt tends to slide forward a lot when I ride my current bike

I am wondering if a size 47 or 53 would be more suitable? My height is 169cm, inseam 78cm.

Without seeing how your limbs are in relation to the rest of you, it’s difficult to say with a great deal of certainty. The Bianchi has a curved top tube, which makes it a bit trickier to judge, but I’d guess that a size 53 XR3 would work, from what you say.

• The seller I am trying to buy from only has size 47 and 53. Currently, I am using the Polygon Strattos S7 (it's a local brand) and have found that it is too big despite using the recommended size for my height. I find that my butt tends to slide forward a lot when I ride my current bike

Without seeing how your limbs are in relation to the rest of you, it’s difficult to say with a great deal of certainty. The Bianchi has a curved top tube, which makes it a bit trickier to judge, but I’d guess that a size 53 XR3 would work, from what you say.

The S7 and Oltre have curved Top Tubes. My arm length is 56cm, lower leg length 45cm. Do you think a size 47 would be able to fit or is 53 still the better option?

The S7 and Oltre have curved Top Tubes. My arm length is 56cm, lower leg length 45cm. Do you think a size 47 would be able to fit or is 53 still the better option?
    If you can, actually get to ( at least) sit on both, and test ride them ( that could be tricky at the moment). You’ll be best placed to make the decision then.

• shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    Sometimes I miss Imposter.