wednesday once more with entropy

2»

Comments

• The OH and I partied until daylight last night, enjoying large quantities of Prosecco, gin and wine, mixed in with intimacy and bouts of wild shagging. Woke at lunch with the thought of going windsurfing at my local pond, but a combination of a pounding hangover and a beautiful blonde beckoning me to stay in bed put those stupid thoughts in their place.
    Still in bed with the tall, blonde OH.
    I am the luckiest bloke in the world!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    Cargobike said:

The OH and I partied until daylight last night, enjoying large quantities of Prosecco, gin and wine, mixed in with intimacy and bouts of wild shagging. Woke at lunch with the thought of going windsurfing at my local pond, but a combination of a pounding hangover and a beautiful blonde beckoning me to stay in bed put those stupid thoughts in their place.
    Still in bed with the tall, blonde OH.
    I am the luckiest bloke in the world!

Thought you were too busy at work for an all nighter?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Evening folks,
    WFH again with a stroll round the block with the EPO at lunchtime. Today being Wednesday I will not be going to a pub. Hang on, that's not right. I will be having a beer though.
  • Thought you were too busy at work for an all nighter?

I've been trying to bag an all-nighterfor the last few weeks, to no avail.
    Either I'm too busy or she is too tired.
    Last night it just clicked, nothing planned, but for once the stars aligned and we went for it.
    Doubt either of us will have the chance to do anything similar this side of Christmas, so you just take your chances.
    The pre-Black Friday sales are already on, then from a week on Friday bedlam starts until well into the New Year as the real Black Friday rolls around again.
    The OH is booked in for a further 9 shifts through to the end of the month starting from Friday and has been asked to cover another doctors shifts throughout the whole of December, so that is the pair of us pretty much flat-out now until January.

Probably for the best, I'm getting too old for this malarkey, it'll take until the middle of January to recover from last nights exertions :lol:

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Forgot to post a picture for Seano, having a beer by the pool this evening

• Lovely lovely Veronese.

Cargo bike - what a fab 24h.

Where do you windsurf? Most lakes round here are closed.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364

It would certainly cheer up anybody on here who had some to flog

I did. Once upon a time.

@elbowloh : Evening joinery classes? Cheaper.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,416
    Great pics guys, they really tell a story. You’ve really gone above and beyond with the car park thistle and the two moons. Reminds me of Tatooine
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    seanoconn said:

Great pics guys, they really tell a story. You’ve really gone above and beyond with the car park thistle and the two moons. Reminds me of Tatooine

The actual moon is between the two "moons".
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    that's no moon
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

I didn't know you lived in that part of the world DHL. Some good friends of mine (and their extended families) live down there (full time, not holiday homes!)

Do people windsurf in that gap? Seems a pretty poor spot given the harbour / sea side.

Such was the praise for yesterday's shelf that I have been instructed to put up another, which is done.

Now just lazing...legs are still dead from yesterday's run so saving them for a long pedal tomorrow.

No one with any sense winsurfs through there. A bit further round inside the harbour it's pretty shallow and a great place to learn without drowning:

I've been on that ferry a couple of times. Our favourite place in the area is Brownsea Island, we go a couple of times a year in the last few years.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    pinno said:

It would certainly cheer up anybody on here who had some to flog

I did. Once upon a time.

@elbowloh : Evening joinery classes? Cheaper.
    I just don't have the time. Also I hate DIY.

I am however going to be doing the insulation and lining of the new man cave. We've got a brand new 5m x 2m shed in the garden with power, lighting, windows and double doors that will be mine, all mine...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

That's a moon.

Fort Bill WC live stream in 2016.
    What surprised me most was the lack of comment from the commentators.

• Lovely lovely Veronese.

Cargo bike - what a fab 24h.

Where do you windsurf? Most lakes round here are closed.

Blithfield Reservoir, East Staffordshire.
    They operate a buddy-buddy system so as long as there is someone else on the water you can sail whenever you like. The only restriction is that a rescue boat must be available if it's blowing force 5 or above, but one of the lads usually comes along with a jet-ski which his son likes driving like a w*nker on, so all good.

Closer to home, I'll sometimes pop out at Ogston Reservoir to the north of Derby or Staunton Harrold to the south. I'm not a member at either, but have been known to have a cheeky blast if the wind directions are favourable.

Further afield, pre C-19 would be weekends at Rhosneigr, West Kirby, Lytham St Annes, or further afield still Fleet Bay in Dumfries and Galloway with the option for MTBing the 7 Stanes if there isn't much wind.

I only got back into cycling as a low wind alternative. Windsurfing has always been my No.1 past-time.