Bike is very hard to peddle.

2»

Comments

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,631
    Don't bother chasing single digit hypothetical wattage via equipment choices. It is largely an expensive red herring. You are slightly slower. It is winter. What's the mystery?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Other than the long rides where your average speed is slower than your summer rides. What training/ riding are you doing.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,631
    MattFalle said:

Yeah, but remember real club cyclists in real club matching clothes wouldn't go to Halfords and only use the club preferred shop who will sell them overpriced stuff and fluff their egos before they leave with Serious Cyclist Face (TM) in place

#clubbies,eh

You have to use the shop that sponsors your club, so you can all wear club kit and ride the same brand of bike. Otherwise, what would there be to talk about at the cafe stop?
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Just checked back over my last dozen rides. Looks like I’m also a cripple. I was blaming my general pants-ness but now I know it’s my bike I’m relieved (my average speeds are awful)

Let’s hope the sufferfest does it’s work over the next few months!
  • O’ it’s that old chestnut

#beentherereadthat
  • I've recently started using my Direto XR Trainer doing HIIT twice a week and last Sunday I was even worse. The bike wasn't like this last winter, I had no problems at all. It's all since changing from the Schwalbe ones to the Pirelli Cinturato velo tyres. My Sunday rides in Winter average from the high 60's up to about 75 miles. My bike has a 46/30 crank and a 11 -36 cassette yet it's harder to peddle than my Giant is with a 50/34 crank and 11-32 cassette is. Doesn't make sense I've shot some of my best times on strava segments on my Felt so I know exactly what this bike should feel like to ride and there's no way it is riding like it should.
  • webboo
    Why don’t you just swop the tyres and see how you go.
  • i.bhamra
    i.bhamra Posts: 304

My bike has a 46/30 crank and a 11 -36 cassette yet it's harder to peddle than my Giant is with a 50/34 crank and 11-32 cassette is. Doesn't make sense I've shot some of my best times on strava segments on my Felt so I know exactly what this bike should feel like to ride and there's no way it is riding like it should.

Why not go out on the Giant and see how you get on in comparison? Wouldn't this allow you to understand if there is indeed something amiss with your other bike??
  • I have just bought a pair of Conti gp5000 tl so I'm going the bike for a service. Get my lbs to give it a thorough going over and install the tyres and sealant and see what it's like then.
  • webboo
    Hopefully it’s been the tyres rather than you are just abit sh*t.0 ;)
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    webboo said:

Hopefully it’s been the tyres rather than you are just abit sh*t.0 ;)

:D:D

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Just a quick note, i had a rookie mistake once. Bike suddenly became hard to peddle and couldn't figure it out.

Hadn't put the wheel back in the drop outs properly (too loose) and the wheel shifted and the tyre was rubbing on the frame....
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh said:

Just a quick note, i had a rookie mistake once. Bike suddenly became hard to pedal and couldn't figure it out.

Hadn't put the wheel back in the drop outs properly (too loose) and the wheel shifted and the tyre was rubbing on the frame....

Not so easy to do these days.
    Anybody who's been cycling for a good few years will have done this at some time or other