Half way through self isolation .

Our Grace tested positive for Covid last week , lost her taste for a while but otherwise Ok.
Her Mam and I , fingers crossed seem Ok for now .
But dear me , I usuay ride for 12 hours or so a week in and around the beautiful North Yorkshire moors and are now down to nothing.
I have done a few turbo sessions in the garage but have given up and decided to decorate the spare room.
Has anyone else suffered this torture ?
This is beginning to make me feel that the cafe stops ( track and traced) when they do eventually ail open , are not worth the risk of another track and trace message from the NHS.

Comments

• Our Grace tested positive for Covid last week , lost her taste for a while but otherwise Ok.
    Her Mam and I , fingers crossed seem Ok for now .
    But dear me , I usuay ride for 12 hours or so a week in and around the beautiful North Yorkshire moors and are now down to nothing.
    I have done a few turbo sessions in the garage but have given up and decided to decorate the spare room.
    Has anyone else suffered this torture ?
    This is beginning to make me feel that the cafe stops ( track and traced) when they do eventually ail open , are not worth the risk of another track and trace message from the NHS.

I know of people who have the NHS app on their phones, who use it to get into the venue, then delete their data in the ‘manage my data’ bit of the app, and turn the Bluetooth ‘contact tracing’ feature off, once they’re sat down.

• Halfway through?
    We're 10 days in, unless there are different rules in Yaarkshire.
    Personally, I've just gone about my business as usual, but I ride a bike at work everyday too.
  • Cargobike said:

Halfway through?
    Personally, I've just gone about my business as usual, but I ride a bike at work everyday too.

He said “self isolation” that’s when you are ordered to isolate because someone close has the Coof. It’s not the same as the lockdown.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,227
    Lockdown and self isolation are different things.

I don't have the app. Signed in with pen and paper a few times. Not sure the app works anyway, Dodo (being polite) Harding style.

Real life example. Local pub. Day after lockdown 2 owner posted that a staff member who had been working previous weekend had tested positive. Couple different people I know had been in that pub for meals so they were in house i.e. in contact for several hours. Neither has had any alert. And neither showing any symptoms. Staff member false positive? Who knows...

Bit of a lottery innit.
  • orraloon said:

Lockdown and self isolation are different things.

I don't have the app. Signed in with pen and paper a few times. Not sure the app works anyway, Dodo (being polite) Harding style.

Real life example. Local pub. Day after lockdown 2 owner posted that a staff member who had been working previous weekend had tested positive. Couple different people I know had been in that pub for meals so they were in house i.e. in contact for several hours. Neither has had any alert. And neither showing any symptoms. Staff member false positive? Who knows...

Bit of a lottery innit.

The app works by swapping ‘keys’ via Bluetooth. If you’re in close proximity to a Coof sufferer, you swap ‘keys’. When that person tests positive, the app compares the keys stored on your device, and triggers an alert if you’re ‘score’ hits a pre set threshold level. The original threshold level was set far too high ( equivalent to being within 2 meters of the plague carrier for 15 minutes ) the threshold for getting an alert has been lowered drastically of late.

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    The app doesn’t work on phones that are a couple of years old.
  • Cargobike said:

Halfway through?

He said “self isolation” that’s when you are ordered to isolate because someone close has the Coof. It’s not the same as the lockdown.
    Ah!
    Memo to self, read the bloody post before running your mouth off :lol:
    It's been a long, soz yoof!
  • Looking on the bright side, half way through means you’ve only got halfway still to go provided you don’t show symptoms of coronavirus and then need isolate for longer. Also on the plus side you’re in the middle of a national lockdown, two in one.
    Do you ever go for a fasting blood test? If you do you’ll know as soon as they say you can’t have a drink you become abnormally thirsty, you notice your mouth getting dry. All in your head of course.
    You need a project, preferably something that takes a week, to focus on. Decorating the spare room is a great idea. Structured turbo sessions that will help with something specific when you return to the outdoors in another. How about giving the bike a full strip, clean and service, that can take quite a while and you’ll feel the difference in the ride knowing your bike is running as clean and smoothly as a new’un. Plan a few routes/rides to places you don’t normally go to.
    Weather you stop at a café or not is up to you, you have to whey the odds for yourself, perhaps just a change of venue is all you need
    Good luck!
  • Afternoon all
    Forgot to mention , it was my birthday yesterday , treated my self to two coats of emulsion and 2016 edition of the tour of flanders.
    We had a 3 course takeout delivered , was very good.
    The point made re the 2 year old phone is interesting , the wife of a neighbor was contacted via the app and had to self isolate the husband was not contacted , her phone is new and his is over 5 yrs old.
    To me the whole thing is a shambles.
    Must go, need to touch up around the skirting board.
    ILG

• navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,851
    Been there.

I travelled back from the middle-east in June where it was, generally, too hot to cycle during daylight hours and had to self isolate for two weeks. I was working from home and with the window open could feel the much nicer temperatures of Scotland but couldn't get out and enjoy it.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    get an old phone - my iphone 6 won't even download the trackntrace app ...