Sram 1x 12 Nx DUB crank help

Hello,
I have a 2018 Scott scale 980 hardtail and had been badly neglected, not regularly cleaned, greased and maintained in general.
I am now on with doing it up and trying to restore it back to how it was.
It came with a sram 1x nx 11 speed group set however after looking for parts to fix it, the chain, cassette chain ring and cranks because I wanted shorter ones, I decided to just buy a new group set - the Sram Nx eagle 12 speed. The complete group set.
- It came today

It comes with a sram DUB crankset and it doesn't fit the original bottom bracket where the old gxp cranks sat -The new cranks being too big (in diameter)
The bottom bracket it comes with is a 'Sram GXP PF integrated / shell 41x89.5mm'
There is just too many 'standards' and variables and I am finding it all very confusing.

Can I get a bottom bracket to fit these cranks on my frame or is it a big no no?

I hope I have been clear enough as I don't know much about bikes.
All help is massively appreciated!
Thank you
Jack

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    You need a push fit DUB bottom bracket.
    DUB has a 28.99mm diameter spindle whereas you original GXP spindle is 24mm.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • JBA said:

You need a push fit DUB bottom bracket.
    DUB has a 28.99mm diameter spindle whereas you original GXP spindle is 24mm.

But will the push fit DUB bb fit in my frame, as the new crankset looks a lot wider in diameter to the old one.
    Thanks
    Jack
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    It should do. The internal diameter of the BB is larger but the external diameter is standard.
    If in doubt take it to your LBS and ask them to fit it for you.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    Your frame is BB92, so you'll need this: https://www.wiggle.co.uk/sram-dub-pressfit-bottom-bracket

You'll need specific tools to remove the old BB (a press-fit BB removal tool) and install the new one (a press and ideally the relevant drift), so it may be something that you'll want to get a bike shop to do unless you want to invest in the tools. You can DIY them, but they won't be as good as the proper tools.