thursday recalling when the tarmac melted and, indeed, everything else

'ning

ride, outdoor coffee, indoor wfh

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, damp and blustery, no cycling today rather busy to say the least.
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    WFH - good news is getting out of bed this morning I didn’t need to hold onto the cabinet 😎

Nice walk with the hounds today, for the fun bike people, nice drop off to the right of the hounds and another over the log at the bottom

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    tlw1 said:

WFH - good news is getting out of bed this morning I didn’t need to hold onto the cabinet 😎

Nice walk with the hounds today, for the fun bike people, nice drop off to the right of the hounds and another over the log at the bottom

Yey, great pic. 😃Glad you’re on the mend.

I’m sure Stevo could get ‘some serious air’ over that leaf.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,341
    seanoconn said:

I’m sure Stevo could get ‘some serious air’ over that leaf.

He wouldn't risk another shoulder injury.
    Perhaps if we scatter a few old mattresses around...
    Put a sign up: fly tipping here.

Dry here. Farq me,

Must go fix leaks.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    'ning
    10 hours sleep seems to have fixed my back...ish.
    Nice run in the dark/mud this morning. WFH now then gym later.
  • seanoconn

'ning

Great pic thistle. UFO top left?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869

'ning

Nice pic

My back gets worse the longer I’m in bed
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,496
    tlw1 said:

Yay, gnarly rad air :smile:

Day off and currently enjoying the ambience of Streatham cemetery while Stressbag cleans up her folks gravestones. Only slight problem is that the feckers have taken all the water taps out of commission...

Living the lockdown dream.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo_666 said:

Streatham cemetery

That's where my great uncle Norman is buried. He was a right character. A jazz/big band musician, played saxophone and clarinet in various bands from the 50's more or less through to his death in around 2005. He was what was known as a "confirmed bachelor", v. flamboyant dresser, camp as a row of tents.

Unlike my other great uncle on that side of the family who had a secret family of a "wife" and 2 kids in Eastbourne, as well as his actual wife and 2 kids in Worthing. We only found out when his actual wife died, and he brought the secret family to the funeral....which was interesting.

Families eh?

Webex, Teams etc. Very little actual work. Tomorrow looks better for that.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Day off and currently enjoying the ambience of Streatham cemetery while Stressbag cleans up her folks gravestones. Only slight problem is that the feckers have taken all the water taps out of commission...

Streatham cemetery? Use to pass this everyday on my way to middle school and have no idea why it’s named so.
    I’m only 5mins away, I could have nipped over 😃
  • Windy, although at least it was warm.

Walked dog, but she's getting slow. Coffee before pulling more weeds to fill the bins for the collection tomorrow morning.

Afternoon of taxi duty into town. More of the same tomorrow. :/

Managed a turbo ride to at least get some quality exercise for the day.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • More Teams meetings all morning. External Examiner meetings so lots of listening to others saying the same stuff interspersed with tens mins of me saying the same stuff as them.
    Should I be using Ship or Swan matches to keep my eyes open?
    Will visit campus to collect a replacement monitor this pm while wearing my Colin Furze rotating belt of knives.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149

More Teams meetings all morning. External Examiner meetings so lots of listening to others saying the same stuff interspersed with tens mins of me saying the same stuff as them.

Have you tried doing the thing where you set your background as a screenshot/video of yourself in front of the webcam?
    Then you walk in from out of shot and confuse everyone.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

Streatham cemetery

That's where my great uncle Norman is buried. He was a right character. A jazz/big band musician, played saxophone and clarinet in various bands from the 50's more or less through to his death in around 2005. He was what was known as a "confirmed bachelor", v. flamboyant dresser, camp as a row of tents.

Unlike my other great uncle on that side of the family who had a secret family of a "wife" and 2 kids in Eastbourne, as well as his actual wife and 2 kids in Worthing. We only found out when his actual wife died, and he brought the secret family to the funeral....which was interesting.

Families eh?

Webex, Teams etc. Very little actual work. Tomorrow looks better for that.
    Good luck finding the grave if you ever go there H3. Overgrown and most of the headstones have fallen over or the words have eroded away. First time Mrs 666 went over a few years back after after long gap she couldn't remember where her old man's grave was and we were wandering round for bloody ages peering at headstones. At least you can drive in and get fairly close once you know where you're going...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Streatham cemetery? Use to pass this everyday on my way to middle school and have no idea why it’s named so.
    I’m only 5mins away, I could have nipped over 😃
    I know, it's nowhere near Streatham.

Good idea, though meeting blokes off the internet in a cemetery might sound a bit odd :smile: In any event they'd closed the bogs so we didn't want to hang around too long. Mrs. 666 was regretting having that coffee before she set off.
  • Stevo_666

More Teams meetings all morning. External Examiner meetings so lots of listening to others saying the same stuff interspersed with tens mins of me saying the same stuff as them.

Have you tried doing the thing where you set your background as a screenshot/video of yourself in front of the webcam?
    Then you walk in from out of shot and confuse everyone.
    Try this one Thistle, guaranteed to work:

https://youtu.be/AB8MriGskKo
  • Cargobike
    Cargobike Posts: 748
    edited November 2020
    A year ago today the River Derwent running through Derby was finally receding and we could finally assess the damage from the "once in a century" flooding that had taken place.
    At the time I thought it was catastrophic for the business and wondered how we'd survive, yet here we are a year later going from strength to strength while the majority of the businesses around us flounder under the constraints of Covid-19.
    Funny old world we live in.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,318
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of wfw, but only after I'd got the trouble sorted. More importantly I managed to ride in for the first time since May, lovely sunny day for it. Unfortunately this meant Bushy Park was full of zombies on the way in, dark on the way back so couldn't see them. Wrist was rather painful, but still glad I did it. Should have taken a picture of the park for Seano, I'll just attach another one and pretend it was today

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,686
    edited November 2020
    We're on the march with Stevo's army, we're all goin' to the Euros finals... 😊😎😊

22 'kin years! Been a long time since I rock and rolled. 😊
  • pinno
    edited November 2020
    What's the point in Scotland getting to the Euro's?
  • seanoconn

Evening folks,
    Busy day of wfw, but only after I'd got the trouble sorted. More importantly I managed to ride in for the first time since May, lovely sunny day for it. Unfortunately this meant Bushy Park was full of zombies on the way in, dark on the way back so couldn't see them. Wrist was rather painful, but still glad I did it. Should have taken a picture of the park for Seano, I'll just attach another one and pretend it was today

Great pic V 👍 I’ve never seen Bushey park look so beautiful, although it’s bigger than I remember.
  • pinno
    If your missus is as hairy as you seano, you could call her 'bushy park'.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

If your missus is as hairy as you seano, you could call her 'bushy park'.

What's the old phrase, 'like an axe wound on a gorilla's back'?
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

What's the point in Scotland getting to the Euro's?

Scotland are in the same Group as England, Czech Republic and Croatia. Have they been officially named as tournament whipping boys yet? :)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,686
    Comin' for ye...