Fat sausage 300psi

Hi. I'm wondering what shock I should get for myself.
I'm 6'1" 137kg+ and I managed to crack hardtail frame. I bought full suspension mega 290 frame with super deluxe ultimate shock.
At 300psi I get 40%+ sag. Max psi is 325 so I guess I'm done with pumping air.

Should i go for coil ? If yes then what coil exactly ?
Any suggestions ?

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    This YouTube video has an over the top delivery but it will answer your questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uFvLD-P2is

Most spring manufacturers will have charts on their website that will enable you to choose a spring with confidence.
  • Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it. I've seen this video some time ago. Quiet good and informative.

Looks like I need 800lb spring 😂😂

Hopefully I'm wrong.
  • mully79
    mully79 Posts: 904
    edited November 2020
    im almost certain coil is out. As the spring gets harder the coil gets thicker. ultimately the spring has to get longer to compress the same amount as there's less space between the coils. Although theoretically possible they design bikes for average weight so there isnt enough adjustment on the shock for coil length
  • mully79
    I think you'll have to try the token route on the current shock.
    https://www.tftuned.com/rockshox-deluxe-super-deluxe-volume-reducers/p3328
  • I have already 2 installed and I read somewhere that I should remove them completely to be able to pump more air 🤷🏻‍♂️

No idea how it suppose to work but I'll give it a try
  • steve_sordy
    There is a physical limit to how many tokens you can fit before damage to the shock happens. Check on line.
  • steve_sordy
    edited November 2020
    duplicate
  • steve_sordy
    edited November 2020
    duplicate
  • steve_sordy
    edited November 2020
    duplicate

How do I delete these?
  • mully79
    The tokens cant be compressed so you can use less air pressure to get the same sag. If you have two in already you are probably just going to struggle due to the suspension design of the mega.

If 325psi is the max then try 325psi.
  • I pumped to 305psi and won't be pumping more in case something happens. I'll keep tuning suspension and maybe I manage to borrow coil to try. If not I will file return file as uncomfortable fit so trying 325psi and causing something to blow could make difficult to return the frame
  • mully79
    325 psi is the pressure with no one sat on it. As soon as you sit on the bike and compress the shock the pressure goes much higher. worry less about pumping to 325psi and more about the forces when hucking off jumps and fully compressing the shock.

That said i'm 118kg and ride hard but havent broke a shock yet.
  • Pump only pumps 300psi anyway.