2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

[Like me]

I hope your Christmas/new year quiz is back on this year
    Yep but given your absence, i'll have to charge you an entrance fee.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    hopkinb said:

Running?

Fcuking hell.

This ^.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Morning folks,
    Another day and wfh for this one, at least it made for an easy commute. I went to Staines once, haven't felt the need to repeat the experience. Does TLW's back hurt because he's much older than he was a couple of days ago? Should probably go for a run at lunchtime, find it very difficult to get enthused about it beyond the fact that I should do some exercise. Do people really enjoy runnering? All the runnists I see look bloody miserable. We know TLW is mad as a hat full of frogs so his opinion doesn't count.

Running's just a bit quicker and easier to fit in and does burn alcohol related calories quite well. Was/is also quite handy for lockdown as riding round in circles in the 'burbs isn't that exciting TBH. But best done in moderation.
    About covers it, bar the moderation - 1,335 miles this year
    Running?

Fcuking hell.

I suppose you have to purge all that alcohol, but still.

No wonder your back is fcuked.
    If I manage this weekend run, that’s me done for the year, bike stuff for the rest of it
  • Was a period in the 90s I was more runnist than cyclist, averaged almost 100km a week in ‘96 IIRC. Was *very* lean as a result, race weight about 71- 72 kg, and I’m 184cm.

That year was one of the best Xmas Day’s I’ve had. Mate from work was another with no family in the same city, so we played a round of golf at sunrise, finished and I was home before 9am, had brekky and did the family catch-up on phone while the weather deteriorated to drizzly warm rain. Went running, did almost 35km just cruising along in the rain. Felt effortless somehow.

Spent the evening at the traditional end of Christmas Day “bare foot BBQ” at friend’s place. Rules were turn up as informal as you wanted to sit on their terrace with a view of the city and Harbour Bridge, and clean up the leftovers from their lunch which was usually spectacularly good food (his wife is an awesome cook, best BBQ chilli prawns ever!), and raid his epic champagne stash.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,509
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Morning folks,
    Another day and wfh for this one, at least it made for an easy commute. I went to Staines once, haven't felt the need to repeat the experience. Does TLW's back hurt because he's much older than he was a couple of days ago? Should probably go for a run at lunchtime, find it very difficult to get enthused about it beyond the fact that I should do some exercise. Do people really enjoy runnering? All the runnists I see look bloody miserable. We know TLW is mad as a hat full of frogs so his opinion doesn't count.

Running's just a bit quicker and easier to fit in and does burn alcohol related calories quite well. Was/is also quite handy for lockdown as riding round in circles in the 'burbs isn't that exciting TBH. But best done in moderation.
    Sounds like my bike mileage. Or my running mileage if you add a decimal place.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Morning folks,

Sounds like my bike mileage. Or my running mileage if you add a decimal place.
    Yeah but he is a but nuts really. It obviously has its advantages.