monday they have never been bombed like they’re going to be bombed this time

'ning

ride through the wasteland, coffee and wfh
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, foggy again , ride through muddy Lincolnshire roads, wash the car, do a bit of house work to keep our lass happy.
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    edited November 2020
    Morning
    Damp and horrible outside again. WFH and a bit of yoga at lunchtime I think.

Gym's reopened today but membership has lapsed and I'm in two minds about whether to renew it.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Don't look too bad outside tbh. November after all.
    Socially distanced ride planned for 9.30, after which, I plan to spend most of the day sat on my @rse.

PS I wonder if there is a forumite with the name rse? He would be thinking he was popular.
  • ballysmate
    Fog has now descended.
    Pah!
    Definitely a sit on your @rse day.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, foggy too here in fact it's been foggy all weekend never fully lifted.

Little photo from a wander earlier with the dog, this is other side of the wood so me but still damp an fog rolling in from both sides.

Anyway going to Do some faffing my match seems to have gone fast so needs adjusting that'll keep me busy this morning.

Also re the title, is this what they said when they loaded up Enola Gay?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    step83 said:

nixon and vietnam, though the original would get swear filtered
    https://www.nytimes.com/1974/06/30/archives/nixon-on-bombing-recorded-in-tape-reason-for-moving.html
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    sungod said:

step83 said:

nixon and vietnam, though the original would get swear filtered
    https://www.nytimes.com/1974/06/30/archives/nixon-on-bombing-recorded-in-tape-reason-for-moving.html
    Ah yes makes sense now.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Pop round if you want birthday cakes 😉

Mmmmm, lots of running related gifts and I’m struggling to even walk 😢
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420
    step83 said:

Morning, foggy too here in fact it's been foggy all weekend never fully lifted.

Little photo from a wander earlier with the dog, this is other side of the wood so me but still damp an fog rolling in from both sides.

Anyway going to Do some faffing my match seems to have gone fast so needs adjusting that'll keep me busy this morning.

Great pic step 👍 Hard to beat the moody sky and colours this time of year.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

Happy birthday! 🥳🥳🎂

No cake for me though. Pinno’s 63kg has shamed me into a two week diet. How is that even possible? Unless he’s thumbelina?
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Happy birthday! 🥳🥳🎂

No cake for me though. Pinno’s 63kg has shamed me into a two week diet. How is that even possible? Unless he’s thumbelina?
    😂
  • step83
    edited November 2020
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Happy birthday! 🥳🥳🎂

Pinno has daily infusions of helium to keep his weight down. I'm stubbornly stuck at 80Kg though my muscle/cake ratio is slipping more toward cake. All these people getting in shape during lockdown clearly don't have any work to do.

Happy Birthday TLW

Reminds me, mince pie season is soon upon us...
  • Excellent day, even an early-ish start for a change. Finished building a frame to be used as water tank support, couple of coffees out in the sun then a few hours trundling about on a bike this afternoon. Gave a large brown snake plenty of space as it crossed the gravel track.

Ice cream and first fresh mango of the season after dinner - still lacking in flavour as expected, but a promising start....
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    Mango hmmm....

I eat like a bloody shire horse. I'm always busy.

Send me some cake TLW and have a good one.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Happy birthday! 🥳🥳🎂

Does my 88 make you feel better? Packed on 4kg since the daily cycle commute stopped. I have still been riding, but nowhere near as much.

Work stuff today. Might try and fit in 45 mins on bike.
  • ballysmate
    Happy birthday!
    Send me all the unwanted cake. I'm around 82 ish (kg not years), by no means all muscle and sinew but don't give a monkeys.
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Happy birthday! 🥳🥳🎂

Does my 88 make you feel better? Packed on 4kg since the daily cycle commute stopped. I have still been riding, but nowhere near as much.

Work stuff today. Might try and fit in 45 mins on bike.
    It does thank you 🙏 I’m staving myself all day just so I can enjoy the beef bourguignon, buttery mash, garlic mushrooms, Yorkshire pudding and sauerkraut (don’t ask) later.

And as step pointed out mince pie season is upon us, the brandy cream is already on the shelves and if we don’t shift the excess now we’re fooked. And I say “we” because I will drag you all down with me.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    tlw1 said:

Happy Birthday matey. Edging closer to Hawaii :)

Morning spent on boring calls but had camera and mic off so could get on with some work in the meantime. I'm hungry now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Morning spent on boring calls but had camera and mic off so could get on with some work in the meantime. I'm hungry now.
    Kids eh?

• thistle_
    tlw1 said:

Armed guards along Offa's Dyke I've been told so I can't get out :disappointed:
  • ballysmate
    Good job that Richard van Lesbian isn't a forumite. Could only post as Van so it seems.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Kids eh?

Youth is wasted on the 40-somethings.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of wfw involving the usual fending off of idiots. Weather has been more than a little moist.
    Happy birthday TLW, send some cake this way if there is any left. I was 81 kg on the pallet scales at work, fully dressed as stripping off in the warehouse would have been cold enough to result in some serious shrinkage. Thankfully I'm not a shortarse so that's a healthy weight, hopefully I won't have to start wearing heels.
  • thistle_
    87 at the start of summer, starkers, technically at work too as I'm WFH.
    I suspect it's more than that now :disappointed:
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

Armed guards along Offa's censored I've been told so I can't get out :disappointed:
    Current wife went to Bala today, no issues at all. You cycle, use your lane knowledge 😂