Carbon dint/ cable rub

Hi, I recently acquired a c40 frame, it’s riding well but I noticed a dint on the head tube with about a 1mm cut. Iv taken fork out but there’s a metal insert so I can’t see the back of the carbon but I’m just wondering if it’s ok to ride or do I need to get it checked? I’m wondering if it may be cable rub from previously installed cables off the old group set which may have been coming down at a different angle to present.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    Yes that looks like cable rub. I wouldnt be worried but if you are, send it to me and Ill ride it for a few years for you and let you know :)

If you dont want another mark just like it stick a bit of frame protector under the cable above which is already showing signs of scuffing
  • joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338
    As above, lesson learnt I guess.
  • I would lean more towards a dint. Having owned a C50 for 15 years in the lacquer finish, there is minimal cable rub on my frame and it tends to be a linear mark. The lacquer is so thick I would find it hard to see it rubbing all the way through to the carbon.

The marks on your frame also appear circular which seems more like a chip or a gouge from something rather than a cable rubbing against it.

Just my opinion though, cable rub is still a possibility.
  • gaz_9
    gaz_9 Posts: 5
    Sorry the pictures not great it’s actually a bit of a groove which led me to suspect cable. I’m just concerned that it’s ok to ride really. I have stuck some protection where cable currently sits but this was done before I bought it I just missed it when looking over the frame. Thanks for the input everyone