Voodoo Bizango Carbon Dead?

I've been interested in getting the Voodoo Bizango Carbon for quite a while but it seems like I am too late, Halfords have said it's discontinued and they are going to remove it from their website.

I am wondering if this is normal, given the bike model is only 1 year old, does this mean they are releasing a new model or have given up?

I am keen to wait for whatever comes next but not sure if anything will. How does it work for the Bizango? Do they release the new model first before discontinuing the old one or is the old one removed first?

Comments

• reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited October 2020
    Hard to say what is going on these days with bike stocks, new releases, etc. strange times obviously. As far as I know they're still for sale?

It's not usual to discontinue a model before a new years model comes out, usually just drop the price to make space for new stock.

The Carbon Bizango always gets good reviews, looks good and sells well. Can't argue the value for a carbon frame at £1000 except it's only around 400g lighter than the alloy version.

A lot of very decent second hand ones for sale at the moment or maybe consider the alloy version instead if you really want one?
  • Hm ye, well I was originally interested in the Nucleus but that thing got replaced with a new version at exactly the same time the last batch of stock got released and sold out in the same day. The new version has a 1x8 drivetrain which to me just isn't enough gears so I started looking at others and noticed the Bizango is pretty nice.

But the Bizango Carbon is really the one I wanted, I am aware that only a couple of Halfords stores have them at the moment, both are open box and have some form of damage / replaced parts and quite far from where I live, so not really an ideal option for me.

I'm not in a rush to get a bike but I don't want to be waiting years either (months I can do!). In terms of second hand market, where are you looking? I'm checking places like ebay but seems virtually none existant or they are too far away, but another point is I am interested in getting one with cycle2work which is not possible with second hand.
  • reaperactual
    edited October 2020
    I typed Voodoo Bizango Carbon into Google and then clicked on images, lots popped up at a glance on Shpock, Gumtree, Pre Loved, Facebook etc. but obviously don't know if any are still available, local or within an area you could get to.

Having said that it's irrelevant if you want a Cycle2Work Scheme purchase. I imagine finding one new or second hand won't be easy and require a lot of searching for either way.

Don't know anything about C2W budgets or allowance but what about a Vitus Sentier for a similar price as the Voodoo if you can find one in stock, great bike for the money and very good spec too?

https://vitusbikes.com/products/vitus-sentier-29-vr-mountain-bike

• Yes the Sentier is nice, but my work don't provide C2W with CRC and also they still impose a £1,000 limit.
  • reaperactual
    Ain't anything like the Bizango in your £1000 price range/limit especially a carbon frame and from a shop that accepts C2W, I get your frustration and restricted options Pal.😠

The Voodoo Carbon is probably the best bike you could get given the situation and is good value for money.

I suppose blame it on Covid, wait it out for a while and see if any info comes out regarding a 2021 model, otherwise have a look for something else depending on how long your prepared to wait. Good luck killerklient!🤞
  • ye exactly, I just hope something comes out as I wait and see.