Canyon Grand Canyon

Hi, I've not seen much in the way of reviews or opinions on the recent Canyon Grand Canyon.

Is there not much love for that bike?

Looking at a hardtail upgrade for my wife, and the Women's specific bikes they offer seem good value. She's not after anything particularly long and slack, and the Canyon will be better than her 16 year old Dawes.

It seems like a halfway house between XC and trail. Not quite either. A bit too steep for a modern trail bike. And a bit too slack for a modern XC bike.

Alternative would be a Vitus Sentier VRW. Although the women's geometry version of that bike is mostly the same as the men's, but with a bent top tube. Standover only reduced.

Looking for something comfortable all day, and light(ish) less than £1500.

Rich

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    The Vitus would have the benefit of the supplier being in the UK, rather than Germany, so any problems that you may have will be easier and quicker to fix.
  • The Vitus would have the benefit of the supplier being in the UK, rather than Germany, so any problems that you may have will be easier and quicker to fix.

That is a fair point.

The biggest issue at the moment for both is availability. But that is the same for all bike manufacturers, it seems.
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    Don't restrict your wife to only checking out women's bikes. Many are only "shrink it and pink it" versions of men's bikes. And of course not all women are the same proportions.
  • Don't restrict your wife to only checking out women's bikes. Many are only "shrink it and pink it" versions of men's bikes. And of course not all women are the same proportions.

Hi Steve. I'm not, and my wife is very much against the stereotypical pink bike for women.
    The Vitus looks like it has exactly the same geometry as the men's version, but with a bent top tube.

Rich
  • Coming in at this a bit late but I've just bought a Grand Canyon 7 (usually a road cyclist but moved to an area much more suited to something more robust in the winter). Decent spec for the money although for me, the tyres needed replacing as they were rubbish on stone cobbles (see my post in MTB beginners) and with big hands I didn't get on with the stock grips. That said, I've had great fun with it so far on farm tracks and forest trails.