Helmet light mount

Hi, I've just brought a Blackburn light to use on my helmet for night rides. I was hoping it might have come with a helmet mount but unfortunately it's not the case. Anybody got an idea where I can get a helmet mount like the one shown in picture?

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Get an action camera (GoPro) helmet mount. There are plenty available that either stick or are strapped to the helmet.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    Be wary of stick-on mounts. My mate had one of those and on his first trip out he hit the camera on a low branch and it dropped into a deep and muddy puddle. There was no obvious place where it was so he had to wade into it and search with his hands. Wet hands and feet was a good start to the ride (not).

The camera survived its impact and subsequent soaking. :)
  • reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited October 2020
    On the other end of the sticky pad problems my ham fisted Buddy gouged his helmet to destruction trying to get his GoPro mount off after using 3M VHB (Very High Bond) tape on a roll. 😢 If you find a suitable mount and use a similar sticky pad I'd buy two just in case.

My cheap MTB night ride light only came with a bar mount so I bought something like this and adapted it to mount it on my helmet using the buckled strap that comes with it:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Action-Cam-Mount-Kit-Compatible/dp/B00AFDL0GU
  • I've ended up buying one of the adhesive mounts. Hopefully it'll stick as there aren't many flat sections on my helmet