Short overall length dropper post - Less then 400mm

Looks like this has been discussed before but just in case there are updated options.

The son is after a dropper post but looks like the majority are too long. Current fixed post is 350mm and he's not far off bottomed out so suspect 370-380mm overall length is what I'm after. It's a 31.6 frame.

Looks like the Brand X CX 85mm post would fit but would need a shim as 27.2 only. Any other useful options out there these days? Other than feeding him miracle grow so he can get a normal post.

Thanks

Stuart
"I ride to eat"

Comments

• reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited October 2020
    If you're looking for an internally routed dropper the One Up dropper post I believe has the shortest overall height of any decent travel dropper on the market. Perfect for big travel within a limited space.

They have a 31.6, 120mm travel that can be adjusted down to 110 and 100mm travel with the supplied shims. The 120mm travel dropper is 360, 350 and 340mm respectively in overall height.

Leisure lakes have them in stock currently:-

https://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/325682/products/oneup-dropper-seatpost-v21-black.aspx
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    In case the One up dropper is too expensive for you, there is absolutely nothing wrong with using a shim between the dropper and the seat tube. I have done so with an American frame that had a definitely non standard seat tube and post diameter (who checks these things when buying?)

I have made shims when the thickness was small, but for thicker shims (like you need), you really are better off buying a machined version.

Buy a shim with confidence.