La Vuelta 2020, Pre Race Info and General Discussion.

2»

Comments

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,523
    Looking at the betting odds for next year's tour Remco Evenpoel is a third of the odds of Froome.
  • Looking as if the odds of the Tourmalet stage being unaffected are pretty good.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited October 2020
    Delete, wrong thread
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941

Does Froome have no hope? What's he been up to?

I'm viewing Froome much in the way I view Cavendish now. He's shown no real improvement throughout the year to suggest he'll do anything at all at the Vuelta.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    phreak said:

Does Froome have no hope? What's he been up to?

I'm viewing Froome much in the way I view Cavendish now. He's shown no real improvement throughout the year to suggest he'll do anything at all at the Vuelta.
    I think that's harsh on Froome. Not that I think he will do a lot, necessarily. But Cavendish has much more supporting evidence...
  • Despite the Giro annulment today, Stage 6 plans have now apparently been approved by the French authorities, with the Tourmalet being closed to spectators.

https://www.sudouest.fr/2020/10/19/tour-d-espagne-l-arrivee-au-tourmalet-a-huis-clos-7980182-4344.php
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,148
    It's odd how the French let the Tour continue but have now blocked both the Giro and Vuelta!
  • Pross said:

It's odd how the French let the Tour continue but have now blocked both the Giro and Vuelta!

Totally pathetic imo.
    France v Wales on Saturday in Paris for a "friendly" international, ( at least it's one cap nearer the hundred for George) but a race up an empty mountain is a Covid problem.

I actually had a look at alternatives when the Angello was pulled and this loop around Biescas looked like the only option.
    Those two minor climbs are really little more than false flats and the final climb was by far the lesser of the original three.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    hmmm, cycling has done incredibly well these past few months. I don't see that it needs to take the pi33 with crossing borders.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • So we've gone from a Super Sunday, with the last day of the Giro TT, Tourmalet and Paris Roubaix trident to just one of those things.

It's very Movistar tbf
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

So we've gone from a Super Sunday, with the last day of the Giro TT, Tourmalet and Paris Roubaix trident to just one of those things.

It's very Movistar tbf

And the TT, which was the one people had decided not to bother with, may turn out to be the most thrilling 25 minutes of the season
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Matti66
    Matti66 Posts: 190
    On the ITV highlights last night Gary Imlach and David Millar both seemed convinced that the race wont go the full 18 stages.