SOLD- Trek Domane 4.5 carbon 56cm Disc Ultegra/Dura Ace mix with fulcrum wheels

richard1857
richard1857 Posts: 45
edited October 2020 in Second hand road bikes
I bought this as a part bike with the idea of turning it into a winter/light touring bike. However since spending money and time on it I got offered a Cannondale Synapse Hi-mod which is too good to turn down so this sadly needs to go. I have fitted new bottom bracket, headset and front wheel bearings. It has new pads and the brakes have been bled, new inner and outer gear cables so basically a full service. I added a Ultegra semi compact chainset 36/52 with 172.5 cranks with minimal wear. I fitted a Dura Ace 9000 rear mech and a Sram Force front mech but can swap this for a 105 if somebody wants an all shimano set up. The bars are FSA k-wing carbon 44's (North of £200 new) but these can be swapped for some carbon hover bars if somebody needs a higher front end. The stem is 110 but i can stick a Ritchie 100 if a shorter reach is needed. It has a new (this year) carbon seat post (27.2). Please note pedals and saddle not included but I can stick a Fizik Arione on if required. Wheels are fulcrum 2-way fit but currently set up with tubes. Through axle front and QR rear. the hydraulic shifters are the Ultegra equivalent and its an Ultegra cassette. Things to note for total honesty. the left gear cable tension adjuster on the downtube broke but the front mech still changes fine. there are a few standard marks from use on the frame but generally I would say its pretty good. The frame has hidden mudguard/fender mounts but a previous owner looks to have put sealant in the holes, it is probably possible to remove this and fit full length mudguards if you wanted (you need to buy adaptors from Trek) but I was just going to use with clip ons. Pictures can be found here https://www.flickr.com/photos/136148458@N08/. I think £1,100 collected is a fair price, have seen them with a lower spec going for more and it has basically just had a full service.