Winter Bib Shorts - Which Of These Two?

2»

Comments

• webboo said:

I have never understood why people buy winter bib shorts. I wear the same shorts all year round. Bare legs when it’s warm, leg warmers when it’s a bit cooler. Tights over the top when it’s cold, the wind block tights over the top when it’s really cold.

Sort of agree but thicker shorts do provide a bit more warmth, particularly in the crotch area.

I buy them for that added warmth and even then only have pairs which are water resistant (or stay warm when wet)
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    If it cold enough for cold nether regions the tights are on.
  • super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,208
    webboo said:

I have never understood why people buy winter bib shorts. I wear the same shorts all year round. Bare legs when it’s warm, leg warmers when it’s a bit cooler. Tights over the top when it’s cold, the wind block tights over the top when it’s really cold.

For the same reasons that people like short sleeve Gabba style tops. Keep your core warm and pretty much winter gear with warmers on, but when you want to give it full beans you can take them off and it doesn't feel too far away from summer race gear.
    You can wear them for the majority of the year in the UK climate, ideally suited for spring / autumn and especially rides that start in cold early mornings and warm up significantly later on.