Roof rack - help

I bought a roof rack at Halfords to carry my bike on my Peugeot 207. Halfords kindly installed them on my car for me, but I now can't get them off. Any advice?

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    I know it's irritating and a bit embarrassing, but go back to Halfords and ask them to show you, it will be a lot quicker.

I bought a Thule towbar rack from Halfords and I just could not find a way to get the rack connector engaged with the one on the towbar. I am an apprentice trained mechanical engineer and I still couldn't do it!!! (There is a knack to it).

To really rub my nose into it, a month or so later I thought I would remove the towbar hook from the fitting bolted to the car. It is designed to be removable and you can see a video of some young lass doing it in seconds. Not me! I had to ring up the fitting company and they talked me through it while I laid on the floor behind the car. (There is a knack to it).

Swallow your embarrassment, buck up and ask Halfords! :)
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    edited October 2020
    What make and model of bars are they?
    Didn't Halfwits give you the fitting instructions?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009