2021 bikes with direct mount rim brakes?

2»

Comments

• airwise
    airwise Posts: 241
    rwoofer said:

I have to say it is disappointing how manufacturers are phasing out rim brakes. Despite owning 3 disc brake bikes, my favourite bike is rim braked. Of the disc braked bikes only the MTB and Gravel bike benefit from disc brakes IMO.

Discs just seem like a marketing ploy given the times I see around the Alps and Dolomites. Agree 100% that road bikes don't benefit at all from Discs. Sales do.

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    airwise said:

rwoofer said:

I have to say it is disappointing how manufacturers are phasing out rim brakes. Despite owning 3 disc brake bikes, my favourite bike is rim braked. Of the disc braked bikes only the MTB and Gravel bike benefit from disc brakes IMO.

Discs just seem like a marketing ploy given the times I see around the Alps and Dolomites. Agree 100% that road bikes don't benefit at all from Discs. Sales do.

and egos. especially amongst those who can't brake properly or who are in clubs.

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    airwise said:

rwoofer said:

Not just sales but servicing and parts too, Shimano and other makes (to a lesser degree), don't want you fiddling at home with your Di2 or discs, bin and replace have overtaken repair and maintain, much like modern cars :/