wednesday is background independent

'ning

let's see if the weather cooperates better today

ride, cafes, minimal webex, maximal giro
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, fine for a change, need to clear the garden of leaves , probably a ride later weather permitting .
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Easy hour run today then work stuff and probably pub depending on how the current wife’s interview goes
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, grey but no further rain so small blessings I guess, peddle/paddle later depending on if we get more rain.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    a bit nippy

cafe ii beckons
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Day off today. Chase up HMRC online registration seen as paper form short return SA's are not being issued. B*stards. I hope they're not going to foist this on us as a permanent thing.

Windy and dull interspersed with rain showers. That means indoor pedalling in the conservatory. I suppose I can open the door and get the wind without the rain to give it some realism.

Much Giro later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Cargobike
    Cargobike Posts: 748
    Ayup.

Decent ride first thing through the southern edge of the Peak District, followed by collecting the better half from her nightshift, the last of four on the trot, so better out of the way for the next 24hrs as she is in a seriously grumpy mood.

Luckily Tesla have got my new Model 3 to pick up so off to Southampton later, along with a rendevous with a pretty blonde.

It's a hard life :lol:

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Leaves cleared from garden, sunshine yippee time for a bike ride
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Early run
    Yoga
    Wondering if I can fit in a bike ride while it's sunny and before I have to do stuff this afternoon.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    pinno said:

Day off today. Chase up HMRC online registration seen as paper form short return SA's are not being issued. B*stards. I hope they're not going to foist this on us as a permanent thing.

Time to join HMRC in the 21st Century? :) Doing tax returns online is so much easier than mucking around with paper.

More work - in other news Stropteen and her 15 corridor mates all have to self isolate as one of them came into contact with someone who's got C-19. Hopefully test result for her mate comes back quickly otherwise they'll be stuck inside till the weekend after next. Ho hum.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Cracker of a day. Dog walked in splendid sunny isolation. Lunch run up the road in the convertible, roof down. Bike ride for a couple hours in the afternoon.

Should be more of it. Unfortunately, tomorrow unlikely to be a repeat. Rain forecast and back to taxi duties while Significant Other has a cataract removed.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Sunny isolation for a dog walk. Super. Summer's a coming for you 'spinner.

Another 20 years of this. Unless I buy a kilo of coke, a burner phone and a motorcycle and set up a delivery service for the wealthy round here. But then I'd get shot by an Albanian. Probably.

Or sell up and raise pigs and ducks.

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    hopkinb said:

Sunny isolation for a dog walk. Super. Summer's a coming for you 'spinner.

Another 20 years of this. Unless I buy a kilo of coke, a burner phone and a motorcycle and set up a delivery service for the wealthy round here. But then I'd get shot by an Albanian. Probably.

In truth, it would have been economically sensible for me to work another 5 years and bank a bit more. I’m not quite 60 yet, but partner is 71 and my mum is 86. They’re the only family I have left, so I retired early to spend my time with them instead of working more to ensure we’d have Porsche-designed wheelchairs in the nursing homes.. 🤪.

Summer’s a beautiful thing. Might even dust off the golf clubs and tennis rackets this year.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Cargobike
    Cargobike Posts: 748
    Had a very enjoyable evening with the pretty blonde, although £300 for a couple of hours company seemed quite expensive, however time away from the grumpy missus often costs more than you'd imagine.

The pretty blonde is my eldest daughter, from my first marriage, just started at Southampton University, nursing degree, so it's a price worth paying, even if she gets through money faster than my ex :lol:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    oxoman said:

Hopkinb I think spinners got it right, enjoy it whilst you can. Porsche style wheelchairs might look good now but when your regressing back to childhood and festering in a care home you won't care. Certainly I'm currently lining all my ducks in a row to finish full time and go semi retired at 55. Mind you the alternative is jail time for gbh and attempted murder of idiot boss.

Think of the pension pot vs time left after your jail time.........
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    hopkinb said:

This ^.

Although I have 2 Porsche 'wheelchairs' waaay before 60. :)

seanoconn - gruagach craic!