List of disease that can actually be cured

I made this thread in good faith, in the logic that I might be able to mitigate a small amount of fear of illness. But I'll be honest, I can't think of one. Not one. There is no disease I know of that can actually be cured.

Whenever someone gets a disease and goes to the docs expecting to come out healthy its always "it takes time" or "we're doctors, not Jesus" etc. Some cancers can be cured, but this usually involves an ectomy of some sort or the ever forever worry that it'll come back.

Also if you do know of a disease that can be cured, and that disease is "hangover" then you are obliged to state how one acquires that cure. Leaving the body to its own thing is like chemotherapy for the night before. Not really a cure.

Comments

• nickice
    nickice Posts: 2,439

I made this thread in good faith, in the logic that I might be able to mitigate a small amount of fear of illness. But I'll be honest, I can't think of one. Not one. There is no disease I know of that can actually be cured.

Whenever someone gets a disease and goes to the docs expecting to come out healthy its always "it takes time" or "we're doctors, not Jesus" etc. Some cancers can be cured, but this usually involves an ectomy of some sort or the ever forever worry that it'll come back.

Also if you do know of a disease that can be cured, and that disease is "hangover" then you are obliged to state how one acquires that cure. Leaving the body to its own thing is like chemotherapy for the night before. Not really a cure.

A lot of bacterial infections can be cured (e.g. TB). Viral infections can't really be cured but anti-viral drugs can provide great assistance in helping the body fight the virus.