Forum homeβ€Ί Road cycling forumβ€Ί The bottom bracket

tuesday to the centre of the city where all roads meet

'ning

see if it stays dry this time

ride, cafes, many webexes, oh, but the giro is on, hmm, let's face it, one will be watching the giro
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Posts

  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,883
    Morning, wel it was dry here up to 10 minutes ago The heavens have opened up again, hopefully get to ride the bike sometime today.
    Have a good day
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,825
    Hounds walked and 1.5hrs run inc intervals endured.

    Work stuff then daddy day care as current wife visits MIL
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,996
    Morning, I hear Bahrain Merida bottles are now being bought by the US as the latest in weapons technology :D

    Its not raining, and its clear skys! Just everything is sodden under foot now. Still least I can go out an split some logs an not get soaked.
    Teams calls and pounder what fresh hell awaits over a nice coffee.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,825
    Morning from a wet and muddy hell. Currently pretending to be a cross between a fitter and a mud monster, bit of a downgrade for a spark. Can't believe people pay for mudbaths. Hopefully my stupid πŸ€” idea of volunteering to help the fitters won't happen again.πŸ™„. Roll on home time.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,397 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Seven dials SG?
    Another day of wfh has dawned reasonably bright and sunny which is nice, shame I'm not out in it. New bash hat should arrive today in the hope that i can ride a bicycle in the not too distant future, assuming I can remember how of course. Should be going for a run after work, forecast to rain then of course.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 7,481
    Happy birthday to me. For my treat I'll take the gravel mud bike off on a train and then work my hopefully not too soggy way back. To be followed by πŸ€”
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,118

    Morning folks,
    Seven dials SG?
    Another day of wfh has dawned reasonably bright and sunny which is nice, shame I'm not out in it. New bash hat should arrive today in the hope that i can ride a bicycle in the not too distant future, assuming I can remember how of course. Should be going for a run after work, forecast to rain then of course.

    Buy some stabilisers.

    Soggy here.

    Must go work.

    Some more fantastic Giro later. No one (team) is in control which is the way it should be.
    [All that pomp Discovery/Ineos/Molteni style grind train didn't work for NL Jumbo. Hee hee].
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,197
    pinno said:

    ...
    Must go work sort out image for caption competition
    ...

    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,197

    Morning folks,
    Seven dials SG?
    ...

    good thought, actually old joy division line
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 4,985
    orraloon said:

    Happy birthday to me. For my treat I'll take the gravel mud bike off on a train and then work my hopefully not too soggy way back. To be followed by πŸ€”

    Happy birthday β€˜loon

    Sunny day thankfully, give things a chance to dry off after three days of deluge. Spent it doing more of the old wood clean up, and a bunch other stuff. Spoke to builder bloke. Well, he did a lot of talking... but I think he gets the general idea.

    Meanwhile, no bikes ridden anywhere interesting.

    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,878
    Morning,

    Not a lot to report from the 'burbs. Still torturing numbers. Stopteen is not well up at uni - not COVID but some sort of bug, not helped by noisy students stopping her sleeping. Not pleasant but she'll survive.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,583
    Stevo_666 said:

    Stopteen is not well up at uni - not COVID but some sort of bug, not helped by noisy students stopping her sleeping. Not pleasant but she'll survive.

    We called it freshers flu. Stick a load of people from random places in a room and they swap all their exotic germs.

    Happy birthday orraloon.

    On the train on my way back from having my eyes photographed. Can't drive because they give you drops that make your eyes funny.
    This is the longest I've had to wear a face mask and I can see now why those earsaver things are so popular.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,878
    edited October 2020

    Stevo_666 said:

    Stopteen is not well up at uni - not COVID but some sort of bug, not helped by noisy students stopping her sleeping. Not pleasant but she'll survive.

    We called it freshers flu. Stick a load of people from random places in a room and they swap all their exotic germs.

    The most likely cause. Also it's easy to see why COVID rates are so high in uni towns as very unsurprisingly there is loads of socialising going on.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,583
    Stevo_666 said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    Stopteen is not well up at uni - not COVID but some sort of bug, not helped by noisy students stopping her sleeping. Not pleasant but she'll survive.

    We called it freshers flu. Stick a load of people from random places in a room and they swap all their exotic germs.

    The most likely cause. Also it's easy to see why COVID rates are so high in uni towns as very unsurprisingly there is loads of socialising going on.
    Yeah, nothing new. We had a mumps outbreak while I was at uni, apparently the test and trace equivalent back then managed to easily follow the bodily fluid trail back to patient zero.
  • blub blub blub... Hello from a very wet North.
    Probably not much doing today, I might Zwift if the boss goes swimming but that's about it, and debatable as I'm tired from a midnight airport/dads taxi run
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,011
    Happy b'day orraloon!

    I just took a wander down seven dials way, then through soho over to New Bond St. All those high-end jewellers with fancy watches.

    Nice way to stretch the legs. Hardly anyone in the office at all, so took a slightly extended break..
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,878
    hopkinb said:

    Happy b'day orraloon!

    I just took a wander down seven dials way, then through soho over to New Bond St. All those high-end jewellers with fancy watches.

    Nice way to stretch the legs. Hardly anyone in the office at all, so took a slightly extended break..

    I thought your office was over in the City?
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,825
    hopkinb said:

    Happy b'day orraloon!

    Well said
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,011
    It is. Had to pick something up from a shop on new bond st. Got off tube at Holborn and walked, picked up some fried chicken at Good Friend on the way. Then walked down to Embankment and got the tube the rest of the way. I like a stroll in town. I was going to walk all the way back through the inns of court, but time was against me.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,878
    hopkinb said:

    It is. Had to pick something up from a shop on new bond st. Got off tube at Holborn and walked, picked up some fried chicken at Good Friend on the way. Then walked down to Embankment and got the tube the rest of the way. I like a stroll in town. I was going to walk all the way back through the inns of court, but time was against me.

    Ah got it.

    New Bond Street is quite good for window shopping.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,397 Lives Here
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 7,481
    Cheers all. Good 3.5 hours and not too muddy gravel bike ride and a relaxing evening watching Giro 4 on the catch up. And did not get rained on!

    Time for a final glass of oak barrel aged Malbec and call it a done day. Got to work tomorrow... been a few days.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,011
    Stevo_666 said:

    hopkinb said:

    It is. Had to pick something up from a shop on new bond st. Got off tube at Holborn and walked, picked up some fried chicken at Good Friend on the way. Then walked down to Embankment and got the tube the rest of the way. I like a stroll in town. I was going to walk all the way back through the inns of court, but time was against me.

    Ah got it.

    New Bond Street is quite good for window shopping.
    Definitely window shopping. Even though I have a few quid these days, most of those shops would have me out on my ear.
Sign In or Register to comment.