Endurance Road bike Decisions Help

I was involved in an accident a couple of months back and whilst thankfully my injuries were not too serious, my bike was written off.

I was looking to replace my Cannondale Cyclocross next year at some point however as I am due a pay out from the accident, I am thinking to increase my budget and get a dream bike.
My initial budget was going to be 2k however I am hoping to stretch this to around 4.5k (if the bike ticks all the boxes).

My main priorities are focused on the following areas -

1. Upright Geometry (I suffered from back pain, neck pain and wrist pain, especially on rides longer than 30miles (previously had a bike fit and made some differences but the cyclocross geometry was to aero).
2. Comfortable and durable to handle different terrains and road conditions.
I lie in an area with a number of harsh road conditions.
3. Weight ideally 8kg but can go up to around 8.5kg
4. Good Climber
5. Still some what fast

I have narrowed my choices to the following bikes -

1. Canyon Endurace CF SL Disc 8.0 Di2 - £3300
2. Specialized Roubaix Expert Disc Carbon di2 2021 (£4750)
3. Trek Domane SL 6/7 (not sure which exact model but seems to fit the above requirements)

Others considered Synapse, Bianchi, Giant

Anyone that is experienced or/and tried the above or has another recommendation that fits the requirements, please do let me know what your thoughts/recommendations are?

Thank you

Comments

• giftedanimal
    giftedanimal Posts: 2
    edited October 2020
    I recently bought a Domane SL5, it's the most comfortable bike I have ridden. It's not the lightest, but it's an awesome ride, Iso Speed is a massive selling point, and I loved the colour!

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,618
    Might be worth asking a Cannondale dealer if they're expecting a new Synapse next year. Must be due after the Supersix and Caad have both had new models out recently.

• spatt77
    spatt77 Posts: 324
    Hi, Ive got a BMC Roadmachine which is very good and should fit all your needs!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

I recently bought a Domane SL5, it's the most comfortable bike I have ridden. It's not the lightest, but it's an awesome ride, Iso Speed is a massive selling point, and I loved the colour!

Is your saddle lower than your bars.
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    I can not help with the Canyon.

I have had a Domane 5.2 ( 2014). The rear isospeed decoupler made about as much diference as increasing tyres one size. An excellent bike but always seemed to lack a bit of sparkle.

I now have a Roubaix Comp Disc. 2018/9. Springy bars and weird seat post. A super smooth ride. You hardly notice the front suspension. You just think all the roads are smoother. A great bike. Have a test ride on one and you will want one. The down side is the price.
  • webboo said:

Is your saddle lower than your bars.

No, is just the angle the photograph is taken from. 👍👍
    Trek Domane SL5
    Giant Defy - upgraded
    Leisure cyclist
    #CycleLondon
  • Cargobike
    Cargobike Posts: 748
    Bang down £2.5k on a Focus Paralane 8.9, giving enough change to spend on a chiropractor when needed :D

The gains are marginal at best beyond that price point, so save your money for things that really matter.
  • Is that all you get for 4.5K?

An 8 kg bike?
    left the forum March 2023
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    I'd get a well made steel or titanium bike with the budget you've got.
    A good steel or ti frame will be more comfy and lively than a carbon frame with gimmicks such as Future Shock and Isospeed and will last a lot longer.

Given how heavy a Trek Domane is they don't give up much in weight either to some carbon endurance bikes!

Something like a Fairlight Strael or a J.Laverack J.ACK is what I'd be looking at. With some well chosen parts they'd be around the 8-8.5kg mark.