Chain Reaction Cycles; never again

Having been a regular and satisfied customer of CRC I was disappointed by their customer service performance recently. Quite possibly the worst customer service I've ever received

Briefly I ordered some SIS stuff on Aug 17th, the following day money was taken from my account and I received an email from Hermes saying they had my stuff and would confirm delivery. They never did

I gave them time and started chasing CRC on Aug 28. Rather than either resend the goods or cancel the order they stated an 'internal' enquiry. I bought replacement goods from Wiggle and they arrived the following day. Since then I've had nothing from them and have had no reply to my email of Sept 4 so started a claimback via my bank. I have received a refund of the money on Sept 28

What started as an easy to solve issue appears to me as a policy of protecting CRC's interests with no respect of their responsibilities as a trader or concept of providing a service to a customer. Won't be using them again

Comments

• flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    You do realise that CRC and Wiggle are the same company?
  • edward.s
    edward.s Posts: 219
    CRC and Wiggle are the same company.

Wiggle are also terrible. Refused to send some faulty goods back to the importer for assessment despite the importer telling me they would be happy to look at it. If I hadn't persisted I would have been down £200 worth of crankset, mysteriously when they did send it back I got a free replacement.

On top of that you can't ring them and their live chat is always 'busy'.

Never again.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,917
    For balance:
    Well I recently agreed a price match with wiggle. For some reason it didn't get applied. A couple of days later i contacted them via the online chat, and they honoured the price match and made a refund of the difference.
    Great customer service.
    Oh, and with standard free delivery my order was with me within 36 hours of placing the order.
  • hdow
    hdow Posts: 184
    Yes, fully aware they are the same company. Wasn't sure if they had separate customer service teams. Seems that they have problems with good and consistent customer service
  • I have always had excellent service from both CRC and Wiggle. However, I will say that since Covid I have spent way too much time chasing down mail order packages in general that were either never delivered or possibly never sent.

To be honest the best service I find comes straight from the manufacturer's website, since they have the most skin in the game.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Hermes. What a surprise. Things regularly "go missing" in their warehouses. I.e drivers and pickers nick stuff.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • I have always had decent service from CRC and Wiggle, ordered a 29er Fork once and when it arrived it was the wrong one, contacted them, took photos of what i received they agreed it was wrong, and to refund which came through fairly quickly.

Ordered 2 sets of bib shorts, one pair developed a hole in the bit that goes over the shoulder, contacted them and sent pics, they said they would send a replacement straight away and in this instance didnt need the original ones back.

Always had quick turnaround on returns or if i have had issues and delivery has never taken more than a week even when it was free delivery.

Think you have just been unlucky.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Yeah, never had any problems with wiggle. Always had quick service even with returns or refunds. Plus there's the haribo.

I don't think i've ever bought much from the CRC side of the business.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • No problems here other than when the hermes van got nicked. Wiggle couldn't do anything until Hermes identified what was and wasn't missing. Was resolved and I got my headset.
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Ben6899 said:

Hermes. What a surprise. Things regularly "go missing" in their warehouses. I.e drivers and pickers nick stuff.

This
    Hermes are terrible i have had stuff gone and wiggle then resend item or items.
    Why do they still use hermes?
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap